Notices

Thread: ZZR600 written off

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    I got my cheque in the post from the insurance company.
    One step closer to my new bike although still not allowed to drive for 5 weeks let alone ride. Got some physiotheropy (I cant spell) booked in a few weeks but making good progress anyway.
    I will have a trip to GW as soon as I am better. The ZZR 1400 is my dream bike but I think the K1200s has the edge at the moment with its advanced technology (which was sadly missing from my old ZZR600). ZZR1400 looks fantastic but its a massive bike. Love a Ducati 1098 but too expensive and not sure about reliability, although I guess not a problem these days.

Miss the riding, miss the company, cant wait to get going again.

2. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Platinum Member
    The servicing costs of Ducatis has gone down a lot in recent years (up to 50%).
    They used to do everything on the schedule for a service.
    Now they are more pragmatic, so if you've only done 1000 miles in the year, then they will only do what needs doing instead of needing to tick every box. A well overdue change IMO.
    Servicing intervals are not bad either.

I think the reliabiity has improved from the old days. My brother-in-law was dead set against me getting a Ducati and then I realised his perceptions were based on experiences that were 30 years old.

But expensive is indisputable and then there is the waiting for parts from Italy chenanigans that you have to go through.

I still say that you can do as much reasearch about the technicals as you like, but at the end of the day for me it's got to feel right.

3. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    The servicing costs of Ducatis has gone down a lot in recent years (up to 50%).
    They used to do everything on the schedule for a service.
    Now they are more pragmatic, so if you've only done 1000 miles in the year, then they will only do what needs doing instead of needing to tick every box. A well overdue change IMO.
    Servicing intervals are not bad either.

I think the reliabiity has improved from the old days. My brother-in-law was dead set against me getting a Ducati and then I realised his perceptions were based on experiences that were 30 years old.

But expensive is indisputable and then there is the waiting for parts from Italy chenanigans that you have to go through.

I still say that you can do as much reasearch about the technicals as you like, but at the end of the day for me it's got to feel right.
    Your right, I need to have a sit on a few machines and see what feels right. I found a couple of years ago when I was shopping around for a bike that some tourers werent that comfy suprisingly yet a Busa fitted me well, but too powerful for first bike.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Ducati's are so beautiful but, after trying a few out, I'd stay Jap. They seem to be bomb proof, apart from mine but even that'll be better after it's finished and is was in very good condition for something that hadn't been looked after for 19 years

5. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR600Dude
    Does anyone have experience of the BMW K1200s or know anyone who has owned one?

and my hubby has a K1200s, so any questions feel free to PM me.

kj

6. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Platinum Member
    Bear in mind also that with recent exchange rate variations, Jap bikes have increased in price the most, European bikes have increased in price to a lesser extent and Triumph have improved in value relatively speaking.

Basically throw away any preconceived ideas you have and start from scratch.

For both Ducati and BMW you will have to travel to get a decent dealer.
    Anecdotals about the Bristol lot are not posistive although plenty of people overcome this issue.

7. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    I've found that the further north you go, the better the bike prices.

I was looking at a nearly new Ducati 996 for about £4000 in a place near Stone in Staffordshire. It came with all the usual dealer benefits, including warranty etc.

Check them out at www.dansmotorcycles.co.uk [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Well I would say get an FJ1200, for £6k you could get 3 or 4 good ones!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

9. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Want something comfortable but are considering a 1098??? :-? Will your insurance cheque cover intensive physiotherapy after you're fit enough to ride again? You'll need it if you want to ride one of them any distance (stands back and awaits the usual irate reply from outraged Ducati owners whenever someone dares criticise their beloved marque... cam belts anyone? :)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    I'd stay Jap. They seem to be bomb proof

Unless of course they were being built in a factory in Hiroshima or Nagasaki