Notices

Thread: ZZR600 written off

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    paul ive just got the cb1000r and the few miles i have done so far has been fun but the z1000 is as nice. i just prefer honda p.s hope your feeling better

2. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Quote Originally Posted by gennie
    paul ive just got the cb1000r and the few miles i have done so far has been fun but the z1000 is as nice. i just prefer honda p.s hope your feeling better
    Paul. Dont listen to speedy....Z1000 is better
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Diamond Member
    Paul don't listen to eith Speedy or nelly go for the z750 ;D

4. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Platinum Member
    Nooo, get a Ducati

5. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Dave B and Paul PDaddy have the K1200 and it seems to suit the more mature gent and his riding needs , even gets them showing you their hole in a crowded car park.... Don't ask ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Theres a great choice of naked lunatic tools out there too , Nelly swearing by his Z1000 after leaving the ZX6r behind, Speedy on the CB1000R and me coming away from the GSXR1000 onto a Speed Triple with lots of nice bits standard like braided hoses, brembo brakes , single sided swing arm and the right angled air valves for ease of putting air in your tyres.... Only problem with the Speed Triple is no bloody room for any luggage with the high cans and miniscule pillion seat it would all have to go on your back . I'd never go back to my old GSXR after riding the Speed Triple, throws around like a bike should and loads of low down grunt but with no fairing theres very little chance of getting into trouble like a sports 1000 will get you into :P , Me ? I love the Speed Triple and even if you don't buy one test ride it ... Massive grins on my big silly northern face

To be honest I enjoyed riding the VFR800 too if you want something with sporty looks but with comfort and a nice turn of speed on it too, throws around a lot nicer than a bike that size should ... Well worth a look as well

Get down to Whites and Fowlers and just have a day test riding bikes see what takes your fancy then go out and get it 2nd hand. That said a lot of people are raving about the Street Triple too, bike of the year in MCN this year

Happy shopping [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    paul dont listen to nelly his legs are too short for a honda and monster only ever gets to see the back of honda,s [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
    ...Get down to Whites and Fowlers and just have a day test riding bikes see what takes your fancy then go out and get it 2nd hand. That said a lot of people are raving about the Street Triple too, bike of the year in MCN this year

Happy shopping [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    As above Paul, you don't need to hurry into a decision on a replacement bike just yet, when you feel fit enough just go round all the dealers and test ride anything you like the look of... then buy a ZX-10R ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Diamond Member
    Glad to hear your getting another bike paul get a fireblade

9. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Wow so much choice.
    thinking a ZZR1400 or K1200S. The K1200S is the more sensible of the two with its creature comforts but not sure if I am ready for the 'mature gent' category yet (even if I am in that age group). The ZZR1400 just looks awsome.
    ZZR1400 is the bike I drool over but its a beast of a bike.
    I did look at zx10r and fireblades but think I am more into sports tourers.
    Having said that I am tempted by the Ducati 1098 just something about the design which is so perfect.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: ZZR600 written off 
    Platinum Member
    but not sure if I am ready for the 'mature gent' category yet
    I'm not sure that this is the right correct image.
    That bike goes like stink so it's not a pipe & slippers choice.

The only aspects that make is "mature gent" are the fact that it's a sports tourer so more comfortable than a sports bike and also more expensive and well built with a serious quality feel to it.
    So chuck any pipe & slippers images out right now, this is a seriously fast bike.

Personally I have not found myself drawn to BMWs even though I recognise their vast array of good points.
    For me it's always a heart and not a head decicsion and there's always the physical fit aspect. You can try two similar looking bikes and one may be confortable and one just doesn't feel right for inexplicable reasons.
    Only one way to tell and that's to go and ride them.

I went to try a Moto Guzzi not too long ago.
    I was really in love with the idea of Guzzi ownership but I hated the bike when I rode it with a passion, so you just can't tell until you get out there.