Notices

Thread: Any proper rich buggers on here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    Fair enough but there's over a thousand people on here and there must be enough that are willing to put the effort in for some local talent especially as most of us spend a fortune going to these events they might as well do it from the paddock for a team that they're involved in.

It was just a thought anyway, possibly a crazy one but still a thought

2. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    i would sponser someone but not enough funds can only afford for me to just about go racing. if anyone likes their buisness advertised i could fit a couple of stickers on my race bike next year and help promote you buisness???

3. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    It's good to see that most people seem to think it's a good idea. Just to give you idea of costs, when I ran in the cheapest class 'StreetStocks' with NGRoadRacing, I reckon to have spent £9500 that year. I was talking to Charlie Bishop about how much it was to run for a season in the Yamaha R1 Cup, and he said his tyre bill was £12000 by itself! So it depends on what level you go in at. I did find that by having a few smaller sponsors, it made a real difference. Some sponsors might have paid for a set of tyres (around £200), but some forked out a lot more, like Will from Charlies Bar in Westbury, who bought my one piece suit amongst other things. When I was sponsoring Victor Cox through his two years in the Yamaha R6 Cup, I was one of many. Each gave what they could, and each got their name on his bike and race truck. I even got my name mentioned on telly when he won the Brands Hatch round...
    The point being, we could have 20 sponsors all contributing £500, or we could have 5 sponsors dishing out £2000. It makes no odds, they'll all get advertising space, they all get thanked when it goes well. I bet the early sponsors of Mr V. Rossi are glad they got involved when they did. Keep pushing the idea on your employers... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    On those figures, if each member of WB donated £1 a month we could have a WB race team :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    That's why I said 'proper rich'. But as they say, every little helps... :-/
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    Diamond Member
    i already sponsor a pub and a kebab shop....... ;D

7. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    I have always been in to classic bike racing i.e. Goldstars, but as a crap rider never been able to do it. I would be really interested in helping set up a team if there is a good rider out there who would be up for it as well. But would want others in the consortium to a, share the pain of the cash and b, share the fun of campaigning and lets be optimistic winning. Is anyone out there up for it ?

8. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    Platinum Member
    I'd love to sponser a racer, my customers are bikers so it would be an ideal place to advertise. I'm far from a rich bugger though, I've already had very little work this year and today's repairs to the van now mean I'm about £1000 into the red. No pay for me for the next few months :-(

What I need is proper rich buggers to pay me to work on their bikes, then when I can cover my bills and pay myself a regular wage I can start sponsoring a racer [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

9. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    Great idea ive often thought if a group got together its possible, i spend a grand a year on advertising id rather put it into a bike and watch it race???

10. Re: Any proper rich buggers on here? 
    So DavidS and BIKETRANSPORT could be the first two on the list. If you'd both like to send me a PM, we could start a list. When we're getting somewhere, we'll hold a meeting to discuss possible candidates. Well done guys for thinking along my wavelength. Now who else wants to join the party? [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk