Notices

Thread: tyre fitting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: tyre fitting 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    I had mine done at pro-tyre in Westbury and they only charged me £30 with the wheels still fitted to the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Did they refit the wheel and readjust the chain tension as well?

2. Re: tyre fitting 
    Diamond Member
    hell, il do BOTH wheels for a kebab and chips.... ;-) ;D

3. Re: tyre fitting 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblelittleme
    Don't go to Chippenham Motorcycles...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friend took her virago there to be fixed. 7 months on she was trying to get her bike back but wanted £1700 from her!
    Not sure if i should slate them on here, but i wouldn't go back, or use them for anything else. I was amazed at the young lad in there giving the old fella **** constantly, and the old fella looked like he didn't have a clue spannering.

4. Re: tyre fitting 
    Protyre Bristol fitted for £30 for both tyres, all labour done by them including adjusting the chain etc.

Ended up buying tyres there instead from then onwards rofl!

5. Re: tyre fitting 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR600Dude
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1287055769/0#9 date=1287069717]I had mine done at pro-tyre in Westbury and they only charged me £30 with the wheels still fitted to the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

[/quote]
    They did refit and adjust the chain but they did it a little too tight but it only took a couple of spanners to adjust [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It also included balancing as well plus they've started doing cheap tyres as well as the top end brands [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: tyre fitting 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    [quote author=ZZR600Dude link=1287055769/0#10 date=1287069846][quote author=CBRowner link=1287055769/0#9 date=1287069717]I had mine done at pro-tyre in Westbury and they only charged me £30 with the wheels still fitted to the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

[/quote]
    They did refit and adjust the chain but they did it a little too tight but it only took a couple of spanners to adjust [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It also included balancing as well plus they've started doing cheap tyres as well as the top end brands [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]
    Oh forgot to mention they done the balancing for me too!
    Great people. He even lubed my chain and loctited/greased the bolts that needed it.

7. Re: tyre fitting 
    For anyone in the Newbury area, A&B Tyres on Hambridge Lane fit tyres to loose wheels for £10/wheel, I tend to use them when I don;'t have access to a tyre machine to do it for myself.

Dudes, you DON'T NEED TO TOUCH THE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT when you remove the rear wheel : : : remove the spindle, push the wheel forwards and lift the chain off the sprocket, then slide the wheel back out. Fitting is simply reversing the sequence - slide wheel in beyond the spindle position, hook chain back onto the sprocket, pull it back to align with chain adjuster positions, slide spindle back in - simples! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: tyre fitting 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    For anyone in the Newbury area, A&B Tyres on Hambridge Lane fit tyres to loose wheels for £10/wheel, I tend to use them when I don;'t have access to a tyre machine to do it for myself.

Dudes, you DON'T NEED TO TOUCH THE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT when you remove the rear wheel : : : remove the spindle, push the wheel forwards and lift the chain off the sprocket, then slide the wheel back out. Fitting is simply reversing the sequence - slide wheel in beyond the spindle position, hook chain back onto the sprocket, pull it back to align with chain adjuster positions, slide spindle back in - simples! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I knew that but the yoof who did my rear wheel didn't know that but I wasn't paying by the hour so I didn't care and just let him carry on [smiley=thumbsup.gif]