Notices

Thread: Motorway madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Motorway madness 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkill_The_Tall
    [quote author=monday21 link=1287683102/0#6 date=1287826648]T the T I do agree with your comments regarding a Christmas Tree, but in my view riding at high speed on a motorway in the dark is downright irresponsible. We can debate the matter til the proverbial cows come home, but the fact is that such dangerous behaviour is gift-wrapped ammunition for the anti-biking lobby.
    I was refering to this post:

I'm surprised by the number of bikes being riden without lights on. They are invariably black bikes with black leathers too. Never seen anyone do it at night though. Maybe it was a "stealth bike".
    Apologies for not making myself more clear.

Riding or driving without lights at times of poor visibility is asking for trouble, I would have to agree.

[/quote]
    Ride how you want buddy, but if you get hit off and the insurers find you had no day time lights on you could find your payout cut by 25%

2. Re: Motorway madness 
    Diamond Member
    That's why I'm happy to ride around lit up like a Christmas tree. ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. Re: Motorway madness 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    That's why I'm happy to ride around lit up like a Christmas tree. ;D ;D ;D ;D
    You do have a very bright bike !!
    Everything else is shyte

4. Re: Motorway madness 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Not only that, you look a complete pillock. Sam Brownes and Arlen Ness one piece suits look **** people!!
    In your opinion!

5. Re: Motorway madness 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    ?

6. Re: Motorway madness 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Thorkill_The_Tall link=1287683102/0#8 date=1287840138][quote author=monday21 link=1287683102/0#6 date=1287826648]T the T I do agree with your comments regarding a Christmas Tree, but in my view riding at high speed on a motorway in the dark is downright irresponsible. We can debate the matter til the proverbial cows come home, but the fact is that such dangerous behaviour is gift-wrapped ammunition for the anti-biking lobby.
    I was refering to this post:

I'm surprised by the number of bikes being riden without lights on. They are invariably black bikes with black leathers too. Never seen anyone do it at night though. Maybe it was a "stealth bike".
    Apologies for not making myself more clear.

Riding or driving without lights at times of poor visibility is asking for trouble, I would have to agree.

[/quote]
    Ride how you want buddy, but if you get hit off and the insurers find you had no day time lights on you could find your payout cut by 25%[/quote]

You sure?
    No legal compulsion for daytime lights, no evidence to prove they are in any way benificial - I think they'd be going out on a bit of a limb.

I fully intend to carry on 'riding how I like', as you put it.
    Forty years of riding without daytime lights without being hit off yet.
    No amount of bright lights and reflective clothing is going to help if you ride like a twat in the first place.

Anyway, if you are that concerned about having an accident, maybe you should take the bus.