Notices

Thread: papers lie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: papers lie 
    Without one single exception, every single news paper report I've ever read where I knew the facts, was wrong! Really, not a single exception to that. Anything from getting someones name or relationship wrong to the town they live in, what the story is, right through to not getting anyones name right and reporting the wrong (made up) story!

Now, if that's happened with every story I know the truth of, how much do they get right????

That's why I don't get a paper!!!

2. Re: papers lie 
    When I was 17 I got shot by an air rifle by the Green in Marlborough (odd story...)
    The Gazette and Herald managed to get the facts right, but when they passed the story on to the Mirror (it was one of the tiny sideline bits) it somehow morphed into me being shot while wandering through grasslands with 2 men in the middle of the night!!

It did make me chuckle, but only because it didn't mention my name!! lol

3. Re: papers lie 
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor86
    When I was 17 I got shot by an air rifle by the Green in Marlborough (odd story...)
    The Gazette and Herald managed to get the facts right, but when they passed the story on to the Mirror (it was one of the tiny sideline bits) it somehow morphed into me being shot while wandering through grasslands with 2 men in the middle of the night!!

Wondering around at night............ come on.. tell us the REALLLL story [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

4. Re: papers lie 
    Quote Originally Posted by nico_stew
    [quote author=Taylor86 link=1288000491/0#11 date=1288180393]When I was 17 I got shot by an air rifle by the Green in Marlborough (odd story...)

Wondering around at night............ come on.. tell us the REALLLL story [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif][/quote]

The boring reality was me drunkenly walking home from the pub... lol

5. Re: papers lie 
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdog
    Without one single exception, every single news paper report I've ever read where I knew the facts, was wrong! Really, not a single exception to that. Anything from getting someones name or relationship wrong to the town they live in, what the story is, right through to not getting anyones name right and reporting the wrong (made up) story!

Now, if that's happened with every story I know the truth of, how much do they get right????

That's why I don't get a paper!!!
    I totally agree 99% but they do get the football scores factually correct, thats why I only read sports pages. [smiley=happy.gif]