Notices

Thread: Rozzers got Roxy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 

Apparently the letters/numbers were 5mm too small!!!! ;D hardly life threatening and feck knows how he spotted that 5mm from his car!!!

Arse!! :

roxy

2. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    That's interesting Robin - I think I understand all that - except - what is character stroke?

3. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    I think in this context they mean the thickness of the line used to 'paint' the character. 10mm for bikes, 14mm for cars.

4. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    Platinum Member
    £60? I thought it was £30 for a small plate? ACPO guidelines state that if the plate is legible from 20.5 metres away then it's fine, i wouldn't take this on the chin, especially from this tool.

5. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    Platinum Member
    I will ask a rozzer about why they are so keen on this.
    I have a vague feeling that it may be comething to do with ANPR systems.

6. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    I got pulled for a small plate years ago along the A419. Just got a warning for it & had to produce my documents. Obviously wasn't this sweet PC. Oh, and it was a properly small plate!

7. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    Platinum Member
    Unlucky Kirsty You would think he had something better to do wouldn't ya > >

8. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    I take it you've measured the letters on your plate and are happy he was right? If not then there's no way you should pay up. That's a years tax!

9. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    I am no expert on the law by any means but one way that you may be able to contest this is to ask how he is certain that the number plate did not comply with the statutory requirements. Presumably he used some sort of ruler or template and if so then I assume he would need to have a calibration certificate to confirm the accuracy of the ruler/tool as a measuring device. It might be worth asking the question on the off chance that a certificate could not be found in which case that might invalidate the case. Bearing in mind you say that it was only a 5mm difference it might work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Steve

10. Re: Rozzers got Roxy! 
    Yes Steve is on the ball, he will need to show a certificate of calibration I now its only a ruler but he needs a certificate ask before you pay good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ps if they say they wont to measure it again tell them you’ve binned it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    If it has a red line use it ....