Notices

Thread: Winter Leathers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    No such thing as waterproof leather - Read the blurb.

Words like water repelent and waterproof coating does not sound very convincing too me.

A good downpour and I bet things will become very damp.

2. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Quote Originally Posted by benobiker
    Cheers fellas. This is not what I want to hear mind you! Are you really telling me that no one is making cheap good quality winter leathers for a couple of hundred quid when it costs £1 for a child to stitch together 150 pairs of a famous brand of trainers???

I think there is a missed sweatshop opportunity here!! In the mean time it is either material other than leathers or ...... blue peter it with some summer leathers... now... where is that sticky back plastic......MUM can i have that fairy bottle......
    I've got Richa leathers that I wear summer or winter. If it rains I put on over trousers. If it's cold I wear thermals from Millets under them. If it's cold and raining I wear both... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I wear a textile jacket cos it's got more pockets, and more space to wear extra layers. Polo neck jumper from Millets, fleece jumper from Millets, and thermals from Millets if it's really cold... [smiley=happy.gif]
    Millets are useful...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1288633524/0#8 date=1288712101]I used to wear my leathers all year round, when I rode, and just wore a see-through over suit when it rained.

Just a see-through over suit... Don't think I'd have liked to see that...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    I wear one of those waterproof romper suites over my leathers, they are a bit uncomfortable but do keep you dry

5. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=CBRowner link=1288633524/0#8 date=1288712101]I used to wear my leathers all year round, when I rode, and just wore a see-through over suit when it rained.

Just a see-through over suit... Don't think I'd have liked to see that...

A sight for sore eyes, especially if I did it round Westbury

I did wear my leathers under the see through suit, sorry to disapoint the ladies

6. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    ta for all advice! I reckon you are all correct but being a stubborn...erm... well you know... I am going to buy a cheap as chips set of leathers (old ) off ebay, spray them with nikwax or similar. Tape up all the seams inside then get totally soaked and cold and ruin them , then follow your advice and finally accept if I want to wear leathers all year. MOVE!!

7. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Sounds fair enough! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Quote Originally Posted by benobiker
    ta for all advice! I reckon you are all correct but being a stubborn...erm... well you know... I am going to buy a cheap as chips set of leathers (old ) off ebay, spray them with nikwax or similar. Tape up all the seams inside then get totally soaked and cold and ruin them , then follow your advice and finally accept if I want to wear leathers all year. MOVE!!
    Could try wearing a bin liner inside the leathers... [smiley=happy.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=benobiker link=1288633524/15#15 date=1288805075]ta for all advice! I reckon you are all correct but being a stubborn...erm... well you know... I am going to buy a cheap as chips set of leathers (old ) off ebay, spray them with nikwax or similar. Tape up all the seams inside then get totally soaked and cold and ruin them , then follow your advice and finally accept if I want to wear leathers all year. MOVE!!
    Could try wearing a bin liner inside the leathers... [smiley=happy.gif][/quote]

Or wear a dry suit underneath just to be on the safe side ;D

10. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    yeah one of those drysuits with the copper lid !! Good for the neck muscles.