Notices

Thread: Winter Leathers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=benobiker link=1288633524/15#15 date=1288805075]ta for all advice! I reckon you are all correct but being a stubborn...erm... well you know... I am going to buy a cheap as chips set of leathers (old ) off ebay, spray them with nikwax or similar. Tape up all the seams inside then get totally soaked and cold and ruin them , then follow your advice and finally accept if I want to wear leathers all year. MOVE!!
    Could try wearing a bin liner inside the leathers... [smiley=happy.gif][/quote]

ERM I have seen those sort of websites....... and they made me blush!

2. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Platinum Member
    George Whites outlet has shedloads of Frank Thomas at cheap as chips prices, also i would go for a 2 peice waterproof if you ride a sportsbike and are not vertically challenged. I'm 6'2" and can't lean far enough in a 1 piece, they are never long enough in the torso for me.

3. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Buy 5 cheap sets of leather on ebay
    Wear a set each day and by the time you have cycled through them the first set will be dry

;D

4. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR600Dude
    Buy 5 cheap sets of leather on ebay
    Wear a set each day and by the time you have cycled through them the first set will be dry

;D
    ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Oh God.... new dilema~!!! So I have just bought an old set of leathers on ebay for just over £100 so will have to count as b day & Xmas present!! Still dont think that is a bad price and now we hit the problem. Nipped out and bought some nikwax or whatever it is called. Opened parcel getting out what i expected to be old knackered smelly leathers and ready to spray... Jaw hits the F'ing deck... they are a two piece black BELSTAFF set of leathers and they are totally brand new looking! Unmarked smoke free / smell free etc... So I am now thinking they are far too georgous to risk ruining by spray them..... SO in the plus corner set of V cool Belstaff black two piece good fitting leathers... in the minus column still no further on in the wet leathers stake....... ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Well done with your purchase - sounds like you got a bargain! Belstaff used to make good stuff - not so sure now though; it seems to have become a fashion brand. I'm very pleased with my Belstaff Thermosport gloves, which were warm enough for all but a couple of long trips in near-zero temperatures last year (then I resorted to the ungainly and inelegant but very effective Oxford handlebar muffs).

Leathers and layers are definitely the way to go. I got through last winter comfortably with Extreme Racing's one piece & windproof set combo under Wolf 2-piece leathers (which are perforated on the chest and thighs). I also put nikwax on the leathers and that certainly helps shed water in a shower. but it doesn't keep it out forever: in really cold or wet weather, I added a waterproof Oxford Chillout multi-sport jacket over the top. It's made of slightly stretchy material so it doesn't billow in the wind, and it packs small enough that I can carry it "just in case" in my tank bag all the time.

Incidentally, I had a flyer from Go Outdoors this week: with a discount card you get 20% off everything until Sunday 7th November. There are also some special deals in the coming weeks, e.g. 15--28 Nov:Regatta thermal base layer set (top & bottom) £9.99 which might be worth a look.

7. Re: Winter Leathers. 
    Cheers ro, wolf leathers thats more like it! Yeah mine a preforated in the same places. Yeah will have look at go outdoors... I have very old knackered jacket so think i will nikwax that first to see what it does to the look of the leathers then decide on whether to do the belstaff ones. I know what you mean about the fashion thing but these seem to be proper biker gear... fingers crossed.

Erm you have muff on your handlebars?? Is that not a tad distracting!!!???