Notices

Thread: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemorah
    Way back I had an SR500. for those not that old this is a 500 single which was coaxed into life with thing called a kickstart. There is a technique which must be adhered to military fashion and requires a full blooded stomp on the kickstarter. Any half arsed attempt is likely to result in severe bruising to the back of the leg as the engine spits back. I prided myself on knowing the machine and the various choke and throttle settings and could get it to fire on the first or second attempt everytime. One winters morn I donned the garb and set off across the farmyard to the bike. A combination of muddy boot, wet kickstarter and lack of forethought had my foot slip off in mid heave. The whole of my weight going south and to the right is halted dramatically as the B*tch fires back driving the kickstarter up inside my waterproofs. Thus incapacitated I am unable to reach the ground and off balance i cannot counteract the 350lb pull as the bike drags me inevitably earthwards.

Bike 1, riders pride 0.
    Reminded me of a painful incident...

Bump starting a Velocette (old brit single)... I was pushing at the back, got to speed heard it fire, let go expecting it to pull away.... next thing i hear is a backfire and have a numberplate in my groin. Pain was an understatement!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Chatterbox
    I had a go on a POS R6 once ........
    Everything else is shyte

3. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Diamond Member
    i flipped at Suzuki TS50X (with big bore kit) at the traffic lights in amesbury pulling a wheelie and held it up, running along behind it with the throttle pinned open......god, i looked a c*ck !!!!

4. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnydangerous
    i flipped at Suzuki TS50X (with big bore kit) at the traffic lights in amesbury pulling a wheelie and held it up, running along behind it with the throttle pinned open......god, i looked a c*ck !!!!
    ;D ;D Class!
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Back in the days of flares and kickstarts, (I know you can already guess!) pulled up at a junction put foot down to find kickstart is inside flare so foot can't reach the floor....

and timber.....

As Veefor said bike 1 bikers pride 0

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Platinum Member
    This is not riding related, but at home when I was teenager, I used to paint my exhaust with black haematite heat sensitive paint.

When I was at uni and didn't have access to my dads shed, I bought Hammerite instead.
    It made a right mess ;D

I never have been mechanically minded.

7. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    My late Mum once told me a story, of her riding pillion with her then boyfriend back in the fifties. They'd been down to Brighton for the day on an old BSA, and on the way back had stopped at some traffic lights. Mum said her backside was getting uncomfortable, so she stood up for a moment to stretch her legs, just at the moment the lights turned green. It was two miles later that her boyfriend realised she wasn't on the back. She was still standing at the lights... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Back in 1986 i had a vespa px150 and while riding round the sea-side resort of hunstanton i found a road that had been flooded(about a foot deep) so i carefully rode through it and carried on about 200yards to the roundabout when a thought ocurred to me.The thought was that vespas have leg shields and if i hit the water fast enough my scooter would become a boat lol...............so with brain-wave sorted i ranted the bike through the gears and hit the water at 50 miles per hour and aqua-plained across the water b4 hitting an "anglia water van" which reversed out in front of me ;D ;D...thee bike went under the van and was a right off and i went clean over the van ;D ;D without any injury..........its why to this day i tell people i bounce well in a crash ;D

9. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    I always knew there was a use for a Vespa... ;D
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread. 
    Quote Originally Posted by kev
    I had a go on a POS R6 once ........

;D and then you back to riding a yankie pos instead!!! glutton for punishment or what!!!!!!!!!!! ;D