Notices

Thread: Women biker Accident(update)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    Platinum Member

2. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    That's what I was afraid of. Caroline did her training and test with us two years ago, along with her brother. She got on very well. Whether she has been riding for the last two years, I have no idea. It's always sad to hear news like this, but more so when it's an ex-pupil.

It's at times like this, that I question why I do my job. I can only justify it to myself by reasoning that if I didn't train them, then someone else will. It's what spurs me on to do the job to the best of my ability. But it genuinely saddens me.

My thoughts, and those of my instructors, go out to her family at this sad time. Please remember that she was doing something she enjoyed, and it should never taint your views on bikes and biking. We are all in charge of our own destiny. Ride safely people.

Rest in Peace Caroline.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    Banned
    sad sad news, rip.

4. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    Mark,

although you never trained me, all ive heard is how good you are mate, and your team of course, so keep up the good work mate.

kev

5. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_zx6r
    Mark,

although you never trained me, all ive heard is how good you are mate, and your team of course, so keep up the good work mate.

kev
    Thanks Kev.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    Having trained with you Mark, I know what a good job you do, as you say, we are all in charge of our own destiny. We all know how vulnerable we are when riding so ride safe everyone.
    It's all about the ride!

7. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    You trained me too Mark and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I can imagine it must be awful to have trained someone who then has an accident and losing their life but as you said, she was doing something she enjoyed.

Accidents like this really ram home how dangerous our hobby is...but life is for enjoying, not for avoiding activities because of what might happen. At least by learning to ride, Caroline was given a couple years to enjoy the freedom of 2 wheels
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    totally agree with Rosie...... you, as always, share the best of your knowledge with your pupils but can not ever be held responsible for what happens after we pass.....we all make our own judgements and it's everyones own choice what we do with the knowledge instilled in us. Risk taking is a part of every day life and we take risks from the moment we get out of bed in the morning. No-one should feel responsible for anothers actions. You did all you could Mark to assist a fellow rider and it is such sad news....do not question what you do.....there are some instructors out there that are only in it for the money ......you are not one of them.......you are a fantastic instructor and I am glad you are there for all the upcoming riders out there.

R.I.P.

9. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    Well I wasn't fishing for compliments, but thank you all very much. Passing on the knowledge has always been my motivation. All I want is to make good riders of you all. Let's keep safe out there... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: Women biker Accident(update) 
    I second what everyone has said, we are masters of our own destiny, just sorry that Caroline was your pupil Mark.
    It's Lilac... not pink!