Notices

Thread: First crash! :/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Best of luck to you fella. Hope its easy to fix. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

2. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Hey Joe, glad to hear that you're not too badly hurt, and neither is your bike...
    When I were a reckless youth I wore jeans when riding and collected many a scabby knee from various offs throughout the learning process : - given your proximity to Swindon it may be a good idea to have a browse round George White's bargain basement section and treat yourself to some leather or textile trousers that have some armour in them - you may be surprised how incredibly cheap some of that stuff is, and some protective gear could save you from far worse than a scabby knee in future... :'(
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    - given your proximity to Swindon it may be a good idea to have a browse round George White's bargain basement section and treat yourself to some leather or textile trousers that have some armour in them - you may be surprised how incredibly cheap some of that stuff is, and some protective gear could save you from far worse than a scabby knee in future... :'(
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Agreed Scotty [smiley=thumbsup.gif] You can even get some of their Red Route armoured jeans but textiles probably a bit better in this weather

4. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    OOps! Did the same myself the day before my test. Glad your ok.
    I high sided on a 125 the day of my test(Mod 1), kept being told i wasn't stopping quick enough so grabbed the front brake and went over the handle bars.

Fortunately Mr. Able had a spare bike for me and i went on a passed in the afternoon =), i was wearing a pair of textile trousers that where ripped to shreds at 35mph, jacket had a small tear but defiantly showed me the importance of wearing bike gear.

Glad your ok though Joe

5. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Chatterbox
    Good to hear you're OK

Chewing tarmac ain't nice
    Everything else is shyte

6. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Glad you didnt get badly hurt! Glad you are ok.. Might not be the most helpful comment now but small offs like that do make you a better riding, mine certainly did. All the best with the repairs for both of you!

7. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Joe sorry to hear about your accident but glad your ok. Riding is certainly an on going learning experience and I am just recovering from a broken leg as i too grabbed the front brake too hard :

8. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    OOps! Did the same myself the day before my test. Glad your ok.
    Yep, that were my bike that were... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Robf
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1289759754/0#8 date=1289808746]OOps! Did the same myself the day before my test. Glad your ok.
    I high sided on a 125 the day of my test(Mod 1), kept being told i wasn't stopping quick enough so grabbed the front brake and went over the handle bars.

Fortunately Mr. Able had a spare bike for me and i went on a passed in the afternoon =), i was wearing a pair of textile trousers that where ripped to shreds at 35mph, jacket had a small tear but defiantly showed me the importance of wearing bike gear.

Glad your ok though Joe

[/quote]

And that YBR has never quite been the same since... :
    I won't forget that Rob. You scared the bejesus out of me...

Any spill that you walk away from is called a 'learning experience'... [smiley=happy.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: First crash! :/ 
    I'm dreading mine :-/ but glad to hear you are ok and well impressed that you jumped straight back on the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Hope bike isn't difficult/expensive to sort and glad it was just a scabby knee
    It's Lilac... not pink!