Notices

Thread: First crash! :/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. First crash! :/ 
    hi havnt used the forum in a while but my first proper 'biking experience' happened yesterday.
    i was going around a small roundabout on my moped when the back wheel suddenly washed away. all i remember is entering the roundabout, sliding along the ground facing the other way, then getting up on the other side with my bike facing the other way.
    suprisingly i only managed to get a badly grazed knee however my bike does need some repairs: scratched on the side, broken right mirror, bent front brake lever and a stiff rear brake.
    i have to admit that i was lucky yesterday.

2. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Platinum Member
    never mind ,bikes can be fixed or replaced but your a bit more fragile ,chin up kid [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: First crash! :/ 
    not good mate, though you were very lucky to come away with just scratches! the roads can be stupidly slippy this time of year, can happen to any of us!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: First crash! :/ 
    yeah very true. i got back on it almost straight away afterwards, and went on it today to a remembrance parade in swindon.

the road was slightly wet which probably caused it but ive ridden in worse conditions ie heavy rain. guess its just one of those things

5. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Sorry to hear that, but good you got off so lightly. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Hi Joe,

glad you came off relatively unscathed and you've had your first spill as a slow one , could've been much worse (involving one of those planks in a cage )

Hope you manage to get your pride and joy fixed up soon and that your bruises are mostly to your pride

take good care

Kaz and Lis 'x

7. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Diamond Member
    Glad to hear you are ok Joe. Roads can be very greasy from now on until the spring. Ride with extra care is the name of the game for all of us on two wheels.

8. Re: First crash! :/ 
    Sorry to hear of your tumble Joe - Hope the knee isn't too painfull and heals quickly.
    It's a learning curve we've all been through - tyres don't work quite so well on damp, greasy, salty roads - stay upright mate! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: First crash! :/ 
    OOps! Did the same myself the day before my test. Glad your ok.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: First crash! :/ 
    thankyou everyone for your replies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    im taking it in tomorrow to get it looked at, hopefully it wont be too expensive.
    im doing fine now, my leg muscles still ache and the scrape is starting to heal nicely as well. should be fine by next week.