Notices

Thread: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    Hi Rob,

Can you make it at all on Thursday? It may be worth coming down for a casual chat at some point in the evening if you're around?

If not, if you fill in an application form (download and print from the following https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...z&hl=en_GB) and e-mail it to me, wiltshire@serv.org.uk , and I'll keep you updated on the location of the next induction and training evening, which won't be too far away.

Anybody else interested in coming on Thu can also download and fill in that form and bring it with you to save you filling it in on the evening.

Many thanks,

Kiel
    County Coordinator,
    SERV Wiltshire

SERV - It's what we do.

2. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    Hey Kiel
    I will print off those sheets and try and scoot off from work a bit early and, as you say, come and have a chat.
    Whereabouts in SDH will the meeting be? or just follow the signs?
    Cheers
    Rob

3. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    If you enter through the main entrance at SDH, and follow the SERV signs up to the Education Suite. We'll be in there. Don't worry about e-mailing that form over, I forgot it was a .pdf now. You can bring it with you on Thur. Any idea of what time you'll be there?

4. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    Hi Rob, just noticed your profile says you're in Bristol - SERV Wiltshire doesn't cover that far West - we do do runs to Bristol from Salisbury, but it may be worth checking out the following site to see who your local group is: www.bloodbikes.org.uk (the Wiltshire bit is still not coloured in, but it will shortly be green). It may turn out to be Freewheelers?

Thanks

5. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    Quote Originally Posted by SERV_Wiltshire
    , but it may be worth checking out the following site to see who your local group is: www.bloodbikes.org.uk (the Wiltshire bit is still not coloured in, but it will shortly be green). It may turn out to be Freewheelers?

Thanks
    Thanks for the info Kiel, I have over a message to the Freewheelers instead, lets see what happens!
    Thanks for your help
    Rob

6. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SERV_Wiltshire
    Hi Rob, just noticed your profile says you're in Bristol - SERV Wiltshire doesn't cover that far West - we do do runs to Bristol from Salisbury, but it may be worth checking out the following site to see who your local group is: www.bloodbikes.org.uk (the Wiltshire bit is still not coloured in, but it will shortly be green). It may turn out to be Freewheelers?

Thanks
    I'm in Swindon, is there any point in me coming then?

7. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    [quote author=Morticia link=1284732309/15#15 date=1286899898
    I'm in Swindon, is there any point in me coming then?
    [/quote]

Ah, I just replied to you on the other thread! Yes, Swindon is fine. We are working with Freewheelers at the moment to define our working areas, and I cant really say much more than that until the details are finalised. It's fair to say we are taking on riders from Swindon at the moment, as there is a gap in the coverage around there.

Cheers, see you Thursday!

8. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    I'm hoping to come to the presentation on Thursday too, all being well. Really interested in volunteering and doing my bit to help.

9. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    I had my name for this but with me living 1 hr 20 minutes, plus my bike not really suitable to carry blood and not having passed any advanced riding I had to pull out.

Shame as I really wanted to do it. It looks like its going to cost me around 180 to do an advanced riding assessment then put in for a test. Once my new baby is born then the good lady said we might be able to pay for it

Fingers crossed for the future.
    Garv

10. Re: SERV Bloodrunners starting in Wiltshire 
    Platinum Member
    It looks like its going to cost me around 180 to do an advanced riding assessment then put in for a test.
    Out of interest where did that figure come from?

The IAM do a split payment scheme so you can spread the cost (there is a £5 admin charge).
    With ROSPA (in Swindon) there is a lot less to pay up front (£25) and you don't have to pay for the test (£54) until you apply.

So there are ways of splitting/spreading the payments with both.