Notices

Thread: Bike Aid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Bike Aid 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Used Aid a few times for bikes. Top Bloke. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    After the 20-30 hours of work done to the bike it all paid off (Colin, Justin Viper [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif])
    Bike aid were spot on, can't fault them, that's both bikes i've had work on down there now and both times the service has been great - Ade even has patience with my daft questions and there's a couple of times when i could have been ripped off by asking for work to be done, only for Ade to say it's not necessary.

For tyres and MOT's (thats what i've had done) - Highly recommended [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Bike Aid 
    Ade has always been spot on with us 2 be it MOTs changing tyres or servicing on older machines and is happy to let you watch him work if you want to pick up hints and tips for doing the easier stuff . always ready to help and a good laugh too. . I have heard negative stuff but never personally experienced any

3. Re: Bike Aid 
    Platinum Member
    me too the guy is so friendly, cups of tea and coffee,and he likes my bike so ner basil ,this guy knows his stuff , him got taste ;D ;D ;D

4. Re: Bike Aid 
    i've also used him with my last bike n had no probs ever so helpfull and good bloke if you need advice n tips n cheap for me only cos my dad spent to much there in past har !

5. Re: Bike Aid 
    Platinum Member
    Did a cracking job on the XR, full overall check with good advice and sorted what needed sorting, gave me an in depth explanation of work carried out and why (i ask daft questions!!!) MOT'd & serviced and ready to rock n' roll.
    The bike is like brand new.....Now lets get shot of this snow and ice and GET IT ON!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The 6 is in soon for a new rear tyre....already

6. Re: Bike Aid 
    I have heard mixed reports, good and bad, but the bad reports are about as bad as they get, but this usually tends to be more on the more complicated jobs.

The view I have on the so far is OK for a basic service and MOT but thats about it.

After some of the horror stories I have heard from friends, I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole, seems to be more of a gamble than anythign else. You may come away with what you want, but a few times it has cost people ALOT more than they originally got quoted, and after much money has changed hands they got a second opinion that either said the work didn't need to be done, or the subsequent problems where due to the lack of experiance or knowledge when fixing the first problem.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...