Notices

Thread: Bike Aid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Bike Aid 
    I may have to give them a shout and get my Honda through an MOT.

Are they really strict or do they take into consideration age and effort gone in to the bike?? :-?

2. Re: Bike Aid 
    Emlyn, Colin (Green man) recommended them to me because he said they're fairly laid back. I hadn't realised but the last MoT picked up the rear tyre and he just gave me another warning today, so don't sound too fussy. Make sure you get your sticker too! ;D

3. Re: Bike Aid 
    I use Phil Stokes Motorcycles in Westbury for my MOT's good guy and firm but fair, he also runs Westbury Fieldsports.

4. Re: Bike Aid 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    I may have to give them a shout and get my Honda through an MOT.

Are they really strict or do they take into consideration age and effort gone in to the bike?? :-?
    It's best if they do it fairly - I would want to know if there's something wrong with my bike, rather than hoping they miss or ignore things. The age of the bike and any effort you have put into it is meaningless if it's broken, dangerous or illegal.

5. Re: Bike Aid 
    Bike Aid are fair and senseable. They're honest and will tell you if it's wrong.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Bike Aid 
    I just don't want to take my bike to someone for them to suck air through their teeth, take a step back and say "that's going to be expensive".

I've had bad experience with both cowboy MOTer's and by those that look at me, think I'm a dumb young lad then screw me over.

It's nice to hear good things from people though, I'm now going to book my MOT and wait for the list of faults to come back ;D

7. Re: Bike Aid 
    Diamond Member
    Used Aid a few times for bikes. Top Bloke. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Bike Aid 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner
    The amount of effort put into preparing a bike is irrelevant if it's still not fit to pass. Getting a bike through an MoT is a piece of piss compared with a 4-wheel vehicle - as long as all the electrics work, all the chassis bearings and suspension are OK (and not leaking), brakes good enough, exhaust not offensive or blowing and no obviously dangerous faults it should breeze through - easy one to get picked up on is missing a rear reflector, some places are hot on it, others less so...
    If the bike's a shonker in the first place then you'll have a harder job getting it through, simples!
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: Bike Aid 
    I'm surprized! I have a totally different view to bike aid it seems than anyone else here! The blokes there seem good but I've found out there not as good as they seem, when I had a gillera runner 125 they said I needed numerous parts which I coughed up the cash for and over the time of 1 month I spent in excess of 300 and it came back unfixed! There advice was replace the parts again! (so it ran for 10 miles) and then sell it onto somone who didn't have a clue about bikes ( sounds like a top bloke to me lol).

Reluctanly I went back there about a month ago to see if they could quickly tighten my chain as I didn't have the tools to do it they then said that I needed a new chain n sprocket (fair enuff) but they then quoted me £150 + just for the parts! It wasn't untill I went to nuts for bikes n they had a look at it and said the sprocketts fine although u should change them together and quoted me about a ton for it!

Seemed to me they were just out to get some extra work considering I'm not the most knowlegeble person in regards to bikes lol

I petsonally wouldn't use them again! (another thing the stickers are a bit ironic aswell considering it's a skull which has the kinda pirate theme going on with it!)

10. Re: Bike Aid 
    Yeah cant say ive had great experiences with them and it wasnt even my bike i was picking up from there.. A few mates have been taken to the cleaners at that place :/, a little knowledge goes a long way eh !