Notices

Thread: the best bike you have ever owned

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolzn
    Got to be my old RD350LC, more grins per mile than any other bike I've ever owned ;D. But it was also the least reliable :'(
    My friend has just bought a new K5 gsxr 1000 from Padgets and said they've got a new 350LC for sale in their warehouse. Might be worth a trip to yorkshire to re-live your youth.

2. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 
    Has to be the Sv650. My first "big" bike after being on a restricted lisence. Bought is new from Riossi in Wells. Was the Riossi Portsmouth shop window bike and is dressed up in the Telefonica colours similar to the GSXR600. Had it tuned up by JHS in Keynsham and it gives be a grin every time I ride it. Have ridden lots of other bikes since, but still never found anything that makes me want to sell the Sv.

The bike I most regret selling is my first bike. A 1980 Superdream. Was the best 'dream I've ever ridden and took me everywhere... was in first class condition.... wish i still had it to enjoy.....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Joolzn link=1291415641/15#15 date=1291564572]Got to be my old RD350LC, more grins per mile than any other bike I've ever owned ;D. But it was also the least reliable :'(
    My friend has just bought a new K5 gsxr 1000 from Padgets and said they've got a new 350LC for sale in their warehouse. Might be worth a trip to yorkshire to re-live your youth. [/quote]

Crikey, that's tempting, But I dunno, they say that you can't relive the past. It might ruin all my fond memories. But I have been recently been looking at little 250 pocket rockets, maybe an RGV250 sometime

4. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolzn
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1291415641/15#20 date=1291591867][quote author=Joolzn link=1291415641/15#15 date=1291564572]Got to be my old RD350LC, more grins per mile than any other bike I've ever owned ;D. But it was also the least reliable :'(
    My friend has just bought a new K5 gsxr 1000 from Padgets and said they've got a new 350LC for sale in their warehouse. Might be worth a trip to yorkshire to re-live your youth. [/quote]

Crikey, that's tempting, But I dunno, they say that you can't relive the past. It might ruin all my fond memories. But I have been recently been looking at little 250 pocket rockets, maybe an RGV250 sometime[/quote]
    They've one of them too. Also a couple of zzr 1100s and FZR 1000s all BRAND NEW!

5. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 
    Platinum Member
    Only owned four bikes so far, the lastest being the best. It's not stock by a long way, but with some carefully selected mods it now has the comfort and touring ability of a VFR and the handling and power of a 916 (not that it was particularly impractical or slow to begin with).

It's plenty fast, sounds fantastic (to my ears), is no more expensive to maintain than a cheap jap bike but with infinitely more character and even more reliability (it's behaved better than my previous two Fazers), will fit anything from a bottle of wine or a packed lunch for two to pair of jeans and my All Stars or even a stack of DVD's under the rear seat. And if that's not enough it has all the pose value that comes with a rare Italian v-twin sportsbike.

It's an Aprilia Falco.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

6. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Joolzn link=1291415641/15#22 date=1291670868][quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1291415641/15#20 date=1291591867][quote author=Joolzn link=1291415641/15#15 date=1291564572]Got to be my old RD350LC, more grins per mile than any other bike I've ever owned ;D. But it was also the least reliable :'(

Crikey, that's tempting, But I dunno, they say that you can't relive the past. It might ruin all my fond memories. But I have been recently been looking at little 250 pocket rockets, maybe an RGV250 sometime[/quote]
    They've one of them too. Also a couple of zzr 1100s and FZR 1000s all BRAND NEW![/quote]

Like, wow! New? Where have they been hiding them for all these years? Were they lost in the back of a warehouse somewhere?

7. Re: the best bike you have ever owned 

Like, wow! New? Where have they been hiding them for all these years? Were they lost in the back of a warehouse somewhere?
    Yeah, old man Padget buys a load new then keeps a few back. When he feels the time is right he puts them in the showroom.