Notices

Thread: Pale Riders

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Pale Riders 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    N.A.B.D. (national association for bikers with a disability) have their own group...and do loads of their own fundraising...
    Its a shame it has to be a separate group but in another way its good because it heightens awareness of people with disabilities with bikes and does some fantastic work etc.
    Diversity and equality is always spoken about and people do their best but to be honest isnt the aim not to label and segregate??
    It would be brilliant if people, no matter what they believe in, what culture they belong to, what 'god' they worship, what football team they support, what bike they ride, etc etc etc etc felt they could be a part of any group, team or whatever without feeling like an outsider and are welcomed for the person they are.......I Know Wiltshire Bikers welcome anyone and everyone without predjudice.... wouldnt it be great if that happened worldwide with everything???
    But sadly life isnt like that and there will always be a lack of diversity in the world and wars will still happen 'cos one 'god' is better than another......
    sorry went off on a tangent but thats just the way the world is i guess :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
    Well put!
    The road to true tolerance is not achieved through merely ticking boxes.

2. Re: Pale Riders 
    BladeTriple was just making an observation, and putting it to the rest of us. That's all.

3. Re: Pale Riders 
    Oh I know that WB ...it wasnt meant as a moan, groan or anything like that.... I couldnt agree more with what she said.

4. Re: Pale Riders 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Err Wiltshire, not really a diverse county is it? Go live in Lahndun and see how many black guys you see on R1's, loads innit.
    The answer.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: Pale Riders 
    Platinum Member
    it may just be us brits have been riding motocycles for 100years or more,we may have parents grandparents or even great grandparents that rode bikes,in the 50s alot of families got about by motocycle/side car and there was probably more bikes than cars on the road so its deeply ingrained in our culture. it may just be that british citizens from other ethnic cultures just dont have such a long history with the motorcyle so the interest and desire to ride a bike is just not there

6. Re: Pale Riders 
    Never visited India then?
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

7. Re: Pale Riders 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    Never visited India then?
    Thats now! i bet it wasnt that busy in 50s when we were driving around in morris oxfords or riding a royal enfield or a lambretta, didnt they take on those designs to provide cheap transport for the masses ?

8. Re: Pale Riders 
    Lets not forget that we have a South African and a Spaniard that are regular attendees of meets and ride-outs... Nice to see we can attract members from that far away! lol

9. Re: Pale Riders 
    I'm glad the Beemer and WB can both see it was a question more that we have a large section missing from the biking community and not about lablelling and skin colours. I've got some great mates who are of afro carribean origin partly due to playing army basketball and some from the various units I've worked at. That said the guys I know are over 6ft6 so would look silly cramped on a little sports 1000.

I hope nobody thought it was in anyway being derogatory towards anyones race or skin colour it was a genuine question and observation some people have attempted sensible genuine answers without taking it to heart.

Over in Thailand we saw the school run being done on scooters and yes I guess it is seen as a poor option but thats a 125cc scooter to take a family of 5 on not a powerful 120+ BHP modern motorbike who will do 0-60 in under 3 seconds ..... hardly a poor persons choice , a machine that gets serviced every 4000 miles and 2 tyres cost a fortune to replace and run , we all know how bloody expensive bikes are to run !

Anyway I had no intention of offending anyone in any way shape or form , I was merely making an observation.

10. Re: Pale Riders 
    If it helps, I was born in Hong Kong and have lived abroad for more than half my life??

And I seem to spend most of my time in the Middle East at the moment