Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
I'm glad the Beemer and WB can both see it was a question more that we have a large section missing from the biking community and not about lablelling and skin colours. I've got some great mates who are of afro carribean origin partly due to playing army basketball and some from the various units I've worked at. That said the guys I know are over 6ft6 so would look silly cramped on a little sports 1000.

I hope nobody thought it was in anyway being derogatory towards anyones race or skin colour it was a genuine question and observation some people have attempted sensible genuine answers without taking it to heart.

Over in Thailand we saw the school run being done on scooters and yes I guess it is seen as a poor option but thats a 125cc scooter to take a family of 5 on not a powerful 120+ BHP modern motorbike who will do 0-60 in under 3 seconds ..... hardly a poor persons choice , a machine that gets serviced every 4000 miles and 2 tyres cost a fortune to replace and run , we all know how bloody expensive bikes are to run !

Anyway I had no intention of offending anyone in any way shape or form , I was merely making an observation.
It was a good point, well raised. Sorry it didn't get the desired response and we're all left none the wiser. People of colour do not embrace biking in the same way that white western Europeans do. That is a fact. I've been riding for 22 years and only ever known 1 black biker, this isn't a problem, but like Blade Triple I'm interested to know why.