Notices

Thread: Filtering..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Filtering.. 
    I don't want to focus on the negative here BUT this type of manoeuvre is potentially dangerous.. Saw a rider trying to do this up towards West Ashton traffic lights from Yarnbrook, yesterday evening in the rain about 6 oclock.. talk about putting yourself into a dangerous position...Jeez! Filtering into on coming traffic, nowhere to get in, stopped in the lane of oncoming traffic... I mean c'mon.. Yes filtering is part and parcel of riding but only if it's safe surely.. I supose I'm saying, don't just do it because you can get to the front of the queue, a little more self presevation required at times... Cheers..

2. Re: Filtering.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by freddieb
    I don't want to focus on the negative here BUT this type of manoeuvre is potentially dangerous.. Saw a rider trying to do this up towards West Ashton traffic lights from Yarnbrook, yesterday evening in the rain about 6 oclock.. talk about putting yourself into a dangerous position...Jeez! Filtering into on coming traffic, nowhere to get in, stopped in the lane of oncoming traffic... I mean c'mon.. Yes filtering is part and parcel of riding but only if it's safe surely.. I supose I'm saying, don't just do it because you can get to the front of the queue, a little more self presevation required at times... Cheers..
    Oooooooh! : Weren't going tother way was you Freddie?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

3. Re: Filtering.. 
    Yeah I was.. had to swerve and everything.. >

4. Re: Filtering.. 
    Platinum Member
    Always have an escape route, riding into the oncoming traffic with nowhere to pull in is just dumb.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: Filtering.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Always have an escape route, riding into the oncoming traffic with nowhere to pull in is just dumb.
    Ditto that
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

6. Re: Filtering.. 
    Platinum Member
    I find when aiming for small gaps, the faster you go, the longer but slimmer you become. So faster = betterer, especially when filtering into oncoming traffic.

7. Re: Filtering.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    I find when aiming for small gaps, the faster you go, the longer but slimmer you become. So faster = betterer, especially when filtering into oncoming traffic.
    Really? I'd change your name to 'Deathwish' if I were you..

If you feel the urge to filter, it should be done slowly so as to give you time to react to any change in the traffic.

8. Re: Filtering.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Too True!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Filtering.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Saw someone try this theory yesterday. He just made it accross the front of the articulated lorry!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Filtering.. 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJo
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1294948358/5#5 date=1294991329]I find when aiming for small gaps, the faster you go, the longer but slimmer you become. So faster = betterer, especially when filtering into oncoming traffic.
    Really? I'd change your name to 'Deathwish' if I were you..

If you feel the urge to filter, it should be done slowly so as to give you time to react to any change in the traffic.[/quote]

Or go so fast, that you beat any change in traffic