Notices

Thread: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    my son in law has the same bike,his has got the purple/white graphics on the fairing and tail unit also top of the tank is purple, swinging arm and rear sub frame are the same silver colour as the frame.

2. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    .....regards the respray,no the bike is not a rebuild or damaged bike.The seller hated the 2 tone colour scheme and prefered the more modern one colour,like the pic below.So had the bike sprayed to match later models which were all green and black frames,but never bothered finnishing it off after deciding to sell for a family car...hence part black sub frame while other parts were silver. Personally I like the bike and the colour scheme which does give it a more modern appearance.
    I plan to finnish the job myself as I too hate multi coloured bikes!Like my cars I prefer one colour! Personal taste really!
    He even removed the wheel/chain guard to match while I prefer to have them on. Simple as that!
    But I appreciate you all taking an interest and pointing things out which I already knew anyway,but still nice to know you care! regards

3. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Well spotted.... the plot thickens.... :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    But I appreciate you all taking an interest and pointing things out which I already knew anyway,but still nice to know you care!
    Not sure what tone that was meant to be in but I'd ask the same questions to anyone looking at buying a bike which doesn't look like it should on the basis of safety grounds. The last thing I want is for someone to cream in on a bike that is of unsound nature especially if I had recognised some 'mistakes' to it beforehand.

If you knew then that's fine, obviously my understanding of the phrase 'a clean bike' is different to yours.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.