Notices

Thread: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    SO! I've been without a bike for 2 months now since binning the ZX6R after the demise of its'gearbox ,(the 2nd kawasaki with failed box)and the withdrawal is kicking in bad now. :'( I'm even having dreams about bikes. So,I've saved up a few pennies(£1200) so far, and dreaming for the day I'll have 2 wheels again! I've no Idea what the wife thinks as I moan & grump for all things bike and pace up n'down the living room thinking of ways to raise some more pennies! lol

..yeh I got it bad.Once a biker always a biker it seems!
    ;D

2. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    Tell me about it!! I've not ridden my bike since the August bank holiday! I couldn't afford to re-tax it then, so started stripping it down ready for this winter's jobs. I'm now waiting on parts and can't do any more till they turn up.

I need a pair of adaptors to fit some risers to my top yoke for a handlebar conversion I'm doing (clip-ons are off the bike). Until they arrive I can't fit the bars to the yoke, which means I can't fit the yoke, ignition barrel, throttle and switch gear which means I can't check the mirror clearance or check the throttle cable length which means I can't balance the bored out throttle bodies I've also fitted.

When that's all fitted and working (may need new mirrors and brake lines as well depending on clearance) I've got a different swingarm to go one, but will need to replace the chain, sprockets and cush drives together with it.

When that's done it'll need a new fuelling map for the new throttle bodies.

When that's done it'll need a new front tyre and tax.

When that's done HOPEFULLY I can get a couple of rides in before my MoT and insurance run out again in April!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGH! >
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    Not been able to ride since september, noticed on the ducati that the cush drive had come loose, which then made the rear sprocket loose and rub against the swing arm and eccentric hub. So had to get new one's, but to remove the swing arm i had to drop the engine out, so i thought it better to get the frame sprayed so waiting on it to come back before i can put her together again

4. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Good man!

Multiple bikes are the way to go. Ensures there is always a two wheeled fix available.

You should be able to get a decent bike for £1200....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    Tried that. It always ended up they'd need tax, MoT, tyres or some other job or repair doing together.

Maybe three bikes is the answer?
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

6. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Tried that. It always ended up they'd need tax, MoT, tyres or some other job or repair doing together.

Maybe three bikes is the answer?

I had 3, the sv gave problems often, the cbr always, the gixxer never. So the cbr got fixed and sold. The sv is sooooooooooooo scared he's next that he now works perfectly well. ;D

7. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    Yeh...now got near £1400 and mounting! Soon have a bike. yes yes yes! Oh, incase anyones wondering, since finnishing work at RAF Lyneham and settling down here in sunny Devon,kinda semi retired, I cannot get bike credit. Bummer! ...so gotta save!

8. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    What was your job at the secret airbase in Wiltshire?
    Surely you'll have a decent credit rating?

Stu 8-)
    Anyone fancy a pint?

9. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Platinum Member
    "Street Hippo", nothing to do with my work at Lyenham,but credit rating means nothing If you're not working! period!!
    I'm squeeky clean.No criminal record.Absolute clean driving Licence in over 35 years. A model Citizen 8-) but If you aint working you aint worth a dime! > I'm sent out to pasture,so to say until I find work. Anyway, living down here is nice.30 yards from the beach.Fantastic roads with little traffic especialy up on Dartmoor,

While we're on about RAF Lyneham,. The Hercules fleet leaves Lyneham for good this year with the base gradualy closing down by next year.I've been involved with Lyneham since the 70s' when the Britannia and Comets stood with pride alongside the Hercules. It's a sad day indeed that cutbacks have come to this!

10. Re: Withdrawal kicking in for my bike.... 
    Yes. Very sad