Notices

Thread: Accident on Thamesdown Drive

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Accident on Thamesdown Drive 
    Derestricted ZX10 2 weeks in?! I'll be reminding Scotty of this story when he goes on about me and my restricted bike now!!

2. Re: Accident on Thamesdown Drive 
    wowzers.... glad you are on the mend. Get well fella!

3. Re: Accident on Thamesdown Drive 
    OUCH!
    Glad you're ok and still with us with all your bits still attached!
    Thamesdown Drive is like a race track at times, I'm down the other end from SQ, in Redhouse so when you're riding again, like SQ said give us a shout.

It's Lilac... not pink!

4. Re: Accident on Thamesdown Drive 
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsden
    a friend of my brothers came of his ZX10 in the summer he did 5 verts in his back and broke his hip. he was restricted to 33bhp because of his A2 test, he managed to de restrict it pretty much straightaway he had only passed his test 2 weeks before......
    Are you talking about young Joe from the parts dept at GW? He'd ridden his ZX-10R with the restriction fitted since he'd had the thing (bought it just after passing his test I believe) and removed it when the restriction period ended on his licence - he didn't shortcut it like you suggest, he played by the rules but got bitten by it afterwards, a combination of a young guy getting a little carried away and an awful lot more power than he was used to - fortunately he's made a very good recovery, one of the advantages of being young...

Yes Gladelicious, swap your ECU over and enjoy the thing like it was intended, an de-restricted Gladeoli won't quite be the handful that Joe's 10 was...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Accident on Thamesdown Drive 
    Wowzers, that's a pretty bashed up bike, and an impressive list of injuries too! Glad to hear you are already on the mend though

Hope we will see you out and about at a few meets soon - don't worry about not being on 2 wheels, although there are a few of us who lack the brain cells to put the bike away in winter ( ), 4 wheels are just as accepted.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

6. Re: Accident on Thamesdown Drive 
    ahhhh rite ok Scotty my bad, i was going on hear say with that. just on what my bro tells me. I knew it was Joe and when i went in to see him i remember him showing me and my mates his Cal Crutchlow monster helmet, it was pretty wrecked. they keep it in george whites now for people to have a gander at.
    but yeah he made a good recovery!