Notices

Thread: Damn Petrol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Damn Petrol 
    im in on the revolting name the place and date ill be there

2. Re: Damn Petrol 
    Diamond Member
    I will scour the net and make some enquiries to try and gauge the mood on spiralling fuel prices. I think there would be public support for some form of action, but if we are to become involved in a protest we need to carry out important groundwork first in order to achieve maximum impact. Significant numbers, co-ordination and publicity on a local and national level are all key components to getting our message across.

May I suggest to those who have expressed a wish to participate in a protest, to check out haulage associations, motoring organisations etc, etc. All feedback welcome.

3. Re: Damn Petrol 
    Platinum Member
    I'd like to do something, as a new trader operating on a massively tight budget even a small rise in diesel prices can add a significant amount to my operating costs.

How about a rolling road block on a motorway like the protest for the M4 speed cameras that took place a while ago? Lanes 1 and 2 run at 50mph, only leaving lane 3 for overtaking. That cause quite a few miles of tail-backs and that was only going past Swindon.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation