Notices

Thread: Helmet suggestions?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Hey Jacde, I appreciate the offer but I'm already trying to convince my mother to take me to either GW or Fowlers to try a few on and get a feel for them, hopefully this will happen next week and I'll be able to purchase one around the same time.

2. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    No worries, just shout if you change your mind [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Many thanks, she's agreed to take me over to GW this Thursday coming so I'll be trying on and hopefully buying a helmet in no time!

Thanks for all the advice and offers 8-)

4. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    I have a Caburg flip front too - I find it's not too heavy (for a flip) and wind noise isn't too bad either - the extra visor is a plus for me as I wear glasses, so I don't have to stop to swap from regular to sunnies (which is a hassle) if that big yellow ball in the sky suddenly makes an appearance! ;D

One thing I have decided though, is my next lid I get will have the option of a pinlock or similar system on it. If you intend to ride in anything but the nicest weather you will be fighting a constant battle against fogging otherwise...
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

5. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    So Callum did you get there today and what did you finally settle on ? Hope you found the one !

6. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Quote Originally Posted by lunalupi
    I have a Caburg flip front too - I find it's not too heavy (for a flip) and wind noise isn't too bad either - the extra visor is a plus for me as I wear glasses, so I don't have to stop to swap from regular to sunnies (which is a hassle) if that big yellow ball in the sky suddenly makes an appearance! ;D

One thing I have decided though, is my next lid I get will have the option of a pinlock or similar system on it. If you intend to ride in anything but the nicest weather you will be fighting a constant battle against fogging otherwise...
    Yes I almost always have to have my visor cracked open to keep from misting.

7. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    personaly my HJC was a awsome helmet very quiet but i found it a little on heavy side

my agv stealth is not particually quiet but is lighter which helps my neck out on the longer runs

as has been said before try try try as many makes as u can

and just because something may seem cheap doesnt make it crap

8. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    I've had a lot of helmets. Didn't like the Caberg. Too noisey (even with ear plugs), and internal visor distorts vision. Shoei are excellent, still using one now, but probably out of your price range. Same with Arai. Lovely helmets, but loads of sponduliks. AGV sounds to be a good compromise. 8-)

Any reason you want a matt black lid? It's probably the worst colour to go for if you want to be seen. Remember, your head is the highest point on the bike, and normally the first thing drivers will see, if you've got a lid that stands out. With a matt black hat, you might as well wear camo gear as well...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Any reason you want a matt black lid? It's probably the worst colour to go for if you want to be seen. Remember, your head is the highest point on the bike, and normally the first thing drivers will see, if you've got a lid that stands out. With a matt black hat, you might as well wear camo gear as well...

outstanding advice

10. Re: Helmet suggestions? 
    @Blade

Sadly I've got to wait till Thursday to get over there but I'll keep you posted!

@Able

Moslty just down to preference really :P I currently have a black helmet with red patterns and a few pictures on it and I don't really like it that much, I want something plain and simple so that's basically it. I know it's all about being visible but I have to like what I put on my head