Notices

Thread: Tyres leaving tracks on grass

1. Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    I wonder if anyone has any better ideas than me on this. To park my bike I go over some grass outside our back door. It gets very bad in wet weather and is getting to the point where there are nice deep tracks on the same bit of lawn I cross each time I come in and out. I've tried sharp sand on it last year and it sort of worked. Also been putting down the pines from trees, as that also sort of works. I could obviously store it on the front drive. Though I live in a bit of a dodge neighbourhood so don't really want to do that.

2. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    Platinum Member
    Whack this down and grass grows though it hiding it http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...edium=basefeed

3. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    you can buy broken concrete slabs from some places pretty cheap, lay them on a bed cement in a "crazy pavement" style so it looks better than a square gray slab. This way is easier to get it passed by SWMBO.
    Been riding longer than I can remember....But still enjoying it.

4. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    You can buy artificial turf but your best bet would be to lay some 50mm marshalls slabs. They're the ones councils and supermarkets use outside their buildings.
    If you put anything loose down e.g. gravel, you will need a hardcore base to stop it getting pressed into the ground and some edging to stop it getting spread all over the garden.

5. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    Thanks Mitch, I will most likely go with a grass mat. I would slab the area, but mother doesn't want that done. I went to a garden shop today to look at options. For artificial turf it is 45/sqm!

6. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    Get an off-road bike and enjoy the mud and ruts ;D

7. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    Just concrete the grass and paint it green!!!!! ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry87
    Thanks Mitch, I will most likely go with a grass mat. I would slab the area, but mother doesn't want that done. I went to a garden shop today to look at options. For artificial turf it is 45/sqm!
    Try getting in touch with the suppliers of artificial turf. I had my [s]garden[/s] mud patch laid with artificial turf (maniac dogs wrecked the garden), but before getting it done I got a load of artificial turf samples sent to me. Each one was about half a square metre, so if you do it right, you could cover the area you need with freebie samples. 8-)

9. Re: Tyres leaving tracks on grass 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Whack this down and grass grows though it hiding it http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...edium=basefeed
    BINGO! I've been looking for something to stop the dog (and to a lesser degree, us as we walk to the shed for firewood) churning up the patch of grass out the back of the garage and making it just a big patch of mud. That looks like I've stumbled upon the perfect solution by simple coincidence!

Thanks for posting that, Mitch!