Notices

Thread: Bike queries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Bike queries 
    Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a cheap bike whilst mine's being restored and I think I've found one but I wondered if anyone has any views on the make and model.

The bike I've seen is a 2008 Hyosung GT650R and it's only 2500 with 6K on the clock and a full service history.

Like I said, I was after people's opinions because I'm pretty good at chosing sh*te bikes and I'd hate to blow my hard earned Op Allowance on another turd ;D

2. Re: Bike queries 
    Think it uses the SV lump, sturdy but quite heavy and low residuals, but that's why it's cheap!!! ;D
    Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

3. Re: Bike queries 
    Bloody hell Stu, that was quick ;D

I know it's cheap but it looks good and I've not seen many complaints about it but that could be due to people sticking with Honda's and Yamaha etc.

I had a go on the 250 version in Spain and it was awsome but most 250's are because they can be thrown around due to their weight.

I may have to give it some thought, unless someone tells me to stay clear, which means I'll have to start looking from scratch

4. Re: Bike queries 
    Excuse me asking Emlyn, are you throwing good money after bad restoring that shed of a CBR? How much is that costing you? Did you consider flogging it for spares and putting what you get for it towards a better bike instead? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Bike queries 
    Those chinese bikes are ****e. I wouldn't even consider it. I've never heard a good thing about them and even hear horror stories of seized shocks throwing people off.
    £2500 could buy you something decent and you wouldn't be worrying that every rattle or squeek was going to be something falling off and sending you into a hedge.

6. Re: Bike queries 
    Platinum Member
    Have a word with GM Stevens in Trowbridge Assuming that isnt where you have seen the bike

Hyosung are a Korean Manufacturer and as such are built alot better than the chinese crap

Stu is on the money about them using the SV 650 engine under licence from Suzuki So there shouldn't be any probs in the engine dept.

£2500 I will admit would get you a whole bunch of bikes these days incl :-

Fazer 1000
    GSXR 600
    CBR 600 F
    Z750 Etc Etc

It really depends on what you want the bike for ? But I would seriously have a good look about if you have that sort of money as there are some deals to be had privately as there is more bartering power with cash in these economic times 8-)

7. Re: Bike queries 
    Theres a few good priced bikes in the old george whites/budget bikes in swindon at the moment. Zx9r, Zx10r, r6 etc.

8. Re: Bike queries 
    Platinum Member
    £2k.5k should get you a ZX9r F2p, last of the model, no inherent faults, better than some foreign muck

9. Re: Bike queries 
    Diamond Member
    The Hyosung is Korean and they have been in the UK market for sometime now. Whatbike? gave the GT650 a very reasonable review. Checked out their stand at the bike show a couple of years ago and the build quality is far superior to the Chinese fare on offer. Emylyn, I suggest you go on the MCN bike review section and see what the owners have to say with regards to reliability issues etc.

10. Re: Bike queries 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    £2k.5k should get you a ZX9r F2p, last of the model, no inherent faults, better than some foreign muck
    Did I miss summit Mitch - Was Kawasaki bought-out by a UK firm? lol ;D