Notices

Thread: Got knifed on my bike... :o(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Platinum Member
    This happened back in Feb but is still prrrrrretty nasty...

Thursday: Drop off wheels and tyres at the tyreshop
    Friday: Pick up new 17" spangly wheelset from the tyreshop for my Triarm :grin:
    Saturday: Fit front & rear wheels, pissy drizzle stopped a quick testride...
    Sunday: Still overcast but dry roads, even sunshine sometimes?? Get kitted up...

Had a quick 15-mile blast, pulled away from a roundabout to get the dreaded TIIIIIIIISHTIIsshhTiShti****sh of a puncture... squidgy back end confirmed the worst...

Sh!te. Luckily stopped next to a Pub so gave the recovery wagon no probs in finding me.

Intreged by the quick deflation & had a look at the back tyre:

Ooooooooo... big nasty gash/cut thing??? WTF?

Took a walk down the road.

THAT would do it... from what I can work out the blade had snapped off/in half and sliced into the back tyre?

No plug is going to fix that one, cue wheel coming off again and another new tyre! Fek. >

The good points:
    Wasnt a front puncture and/or at speed?
    I had breakdown cover, the truck picked me up within an hour.

Still undecided as to whether it was sh!t luck or very lucky? Needless to say could have done without it...

2. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    I feel your pain - I had a big nail go into my rear tyre last week

Luckily, like you, I wasn't going fast either - in my case I had just arrived at work so parked up and called for assistance. I reckon it's the builders over the road, the nail must have been tracked out onto the main road at some point.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

3. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Know how it feels. New tyre threw nail 2 weeks ago >

4. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    I found a small screw in my tyre a few months ago, luckly I was still at home but still annoying. Must remember to sweep the garage floor.

Glad to hear that the only damage was to your tyre, could have been a lot worse.

5. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    From the title of this thread, I thought you were actually knifed whilst out riding :-[

I thought you were warning people of the dangers of riding a bike in Trowbridge

6. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Dude I almost fell out opf my chair in shock when i read that title i thought someone had run up and stabbed you or something

7. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Quote Originally Posted by mcicy
    Dude I almost fell out opf my chair in shock when i read that title i thought someone had run up and stabbed you or something

Er yeah with you on this one... it sounded like a stabbing to take your bike off you or something, glad you're ok, sorry about the tyre but bloody hell , less of the Sun headlines to grab attention , I was really worried when I saw that

Lis'

8. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Got knifed on my bike?

Lucky it wasn't a nail in the tyre or else the thread title would take another attention grabbing twist.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

9. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Well if were going down those lines, then I did get nailed on my bike last Weds ;D ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

10. Re: Got knifed on my bike... :o( 
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
    [quote author=mcicy link=1299936572/5#5 date=1299951505]Dude I almost fell out opf my chair in shock when i read that title i thought someone had run up and stabbed you or something

Er yeah with you on this one... it sounded like a stabbing to take your bike off you or something, glad you're ok, sorry about the tyre but bloody hell , less of the Sun headlines to grab attention , I was really worried when I saw that

Lis' [/quote]

Ditto! I could've done without that fright - I'm Scaredy Cat enough as it is! ;D

From the looks of it you were lucky the only damage was to your tyre!