Notices

Thread: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    TBH, i would take my test tomorrow but I'm skint.
    Christmas, + family holiday to pay for.... + no overtime for months at work... Times are hard :'( :'( :'(
    If I could afford it Mark, I would be banging on your door!!! ;D
    No joy selling the super cruiser yet then Toph? :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=Tina link=1296678839/3#3 date=1296684692]im game...but still not sure about whether to do it on my 125 and be restricted or go for the 'biggie' (mainly dependant on me being able to fit on your 500's)... :-/ :-/ :-/ but I think it's time I had a go instead of putting it off ;D ;D ;D : : :
    Come and have a quick go round the training area at the school on Sunday, if you're free. If you don't fit, we'll talk about the 125 course. Remember, if you do the 125 test, you're only restricted on horsepower (33bhp for two years), not size of bike. And 33bhp is more than double the power of your 125... [/quote]

i can vouch for this, i went from a 125 to a 250 jumping from the roughly 10bhp to 21bhp and that was a huge power difference, in fact when i picked the bike up it was difficult getting used to the power..for the first 30 mins ish then upgraded to a restricted Honda CB 500s restricted to 33bhp and you really notice the small increases in bhp, i've noticed that the lower end acceleration is still there but the top end stuff isn't and in most cases struggles to go to 80+, but upto that it's fine

3. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    I've taken it off the market Mark, I had a few offers , could have sold it twice, but the wife talked me into keeping it for a month or two,until the family finances are healthier!! If I sell it... I'll have to walk to work, until the test and replacement bike is sorted, maybe the 125 test would be cheaper than DAS??
    I could put up with 33bhp for two years for an affordable jump in horsepower. :-?
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

4. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    but im sure i need to be able to reach the floor hehehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just get boots with thick soles ;D

5. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    I've taken it off the market Mark, I had a few offers , could have sold it twice, but the wife talked me into keeping it for a month or two,until the family finances are healthier!! If I sell it... I'll have to walk to work, until the test and replacement bike is sorted, maybe the 125 test would be cheaper than DAS??
    I could put up with 33bhp for two years for an affordable jump in horsepower. :-?
    Yep, the 125 route is cheaper, especially if you do it on your own bike. To be eligible, your bike must have a manufacturers stated top speed of 64mph or more.
    Let us know when you're ready mate...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    [quote author=Tina link=1296678839/3#3 date=1296684692]im game...but still not sure about whether to do it on my 125 and be restricted or go for the 'biggie' (mainly dependant on me being able to fit on your 500's)... :-/ :-/ :-/ but I think it's time I had a go instead of putting it off ;D ;D ;D : : :
    Come and have a quick go round the training area at the school on Sunday, if you're free. If you don't fit, we'll talk about the 125 course. Remember, if you do the 125 test, you're only restricted on horsepower (33bhp for two years), not size of bike. And 33bhp is more than double the power of your 125... [/quote]

I can back this up too! I don't notice the lack of power with my restricted Gladius. And I'm sure those that have been on rideouts with me would say the same!

7. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    O and the 2 year wait won't actually feel like 2 years, I've got about 4 months left on my restriction and the time has literally flown by.

8. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Tina and Toph (and anyone else dithering about DAS)—you know what I'd recommend! I was much more comfortable doing the test on my own 125 which I had got to know well by myself over a period of months, rather than the school's 500, which seemed big and heavy by comparison and would have taken several expensive and stressful training days to get used to. The 33bhp limit means little: I'm still learning what my bike can do—by the time I feel I've mastered it and I'm ready for a change the licence restriction will have expired anyway! My 250 is just under the power limit (so there's no need for restriction) and it can out-accelerate most cars and do 3-digit speeds—that may not match the acceleration or top speed of bigger bikes but it goes round corners more easily than them! As a further bonus, tax is £33 and fully comp insurance with breakdown cover is £171. Definitely a good option to consider IMHO.

9. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    im game...but still not sure about whether to do it on my 125 and be restricted or go for the 'biggie' (mainly dependant on me being able to fit on your 500's)... :-/ :-/ :-/ but I think it's time I had a go instead of putting it off ;D ;D ;D : : :
    If your at the Harp and Crown, you can try my GS for size. See what ya think. The do have very low seats, lower than some 125's.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Beamer, Vivi, Hazel-nut, Toph? 
    Go for it guys! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”