Notices

Thread: Bike Safe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Bike Safe 
    I did mine last year. Fully recommend the day. At the end of the day no education is a waste and if it makes you ride just 1 per cent safer than you currently do then its worthwhile.

2. Re: Bike Safe 
    I've done it twice, excellent day and very useful. Really friendly bunch too.

I did it on my 1977 Morini 3 1/2 one time and the copper said it seemed a 'challenging' bike to ride! ;D He was the senior officer there but still took me out even tho' my indicators had packed up on the way over so I was doing hand signals.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Bike Safe 
    Platinum Member
    Ive done it and was worth the experience weird being followed by a policeman but they were really nice. The insurance companies like it too and you get a bit more discount [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Bike Safe 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Cheers Rob, they're obvious, i was more concerned with plate size, stamps on exhausts, baffles etc

They tend not to be to bothered about the can, unless it's obviously LOUD

5. Re: Bike Safe 
    Platinum Member
    I did one of these a while *cough* ago now and had always planned doing another one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

What dates we looking at guys and girls then so I can attempt to get the same day booked

6. Re: Bike Safe 
    Its a fab day with Wiltshire but check out Thames Valley Police as they have a good one too. I have completed both this year. It will be beneficial and whether you chose to use the informaion that you gain from the sessions, it is up to you!

7. Re: Bike Safe 
    I did it at Braeside a few years ago. It's scarey how much you suddenly realize you don't know.

They will turn a blind eye to pipes and plates but out of respect it's better to have everything legal. People see a police bike behind an illegal bike and not doing anything doesn't look good.

It's deffinately worth doing but the people who REALLY need to do it don't. I found they were preaching to the converted, if you go on the course you are already aware about how road safety is a constant concern. I was by far the youngest rider and the only one with a sportsbike.

8. Re: Bike Safe 
    If I recall, when I did it on the Duke most were on sprtsbikes, Dabz & Weefrenchie were on the same one plus some other WB's.

As has been said, it's car drivers reactions when they see you being followed by a police bike that makes you smile. Part of my route while leading was along the Warminster bypass and when he stopped me he said he was going to stop me earlier but I was obviously enjoying myself! :

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: Bike Safe 
    I can do either 17 April 12 June or 4 September, will call on Monday once I wake up after night shift and book for one of these days.
    Anybody booked on any of these days yet?
    It's Lilac... not pink!

10. Re: Bike Safe 
    Diamond Member
    Just had my form through by email and sent it back