Notices

Thread: Jerez motogp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Jerez motogp 
    Just enjoyed watching that practice session. Rossi looking a lot better - much smoother.

The mighty H still dominant.

Should be a good race on Sunday [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Hope it's better than 2 weeks ago. That was booooooooooring.

3. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Sky +'d it so I'll take a look in a bit

4. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Platinum Member
    First race of the season is always a bit dull. Give them a few weeks to get settled into their new rides.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Diamond Member
    What a shame Rossi and Stoner collided. Rossi is pure legend - to cut through the field in the wet so quickly was astonishing. Doubt Stoner got him a beer after the race though - got to feel for Stoner, but that's racing. I was gutted because it looked like being a really exciting finish.

6. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Diamond Member
    "what happened, your ambition outweigh your talent?"

Big words to say to a 9 times world champion... Saw him asking about his shoulder first though. Couldn't quite tell if he was being genuine or sarcastic. I know as racers, they do have a lot or respect for each other.

7. Re: Jerez motogp 
    watched it at Old Nick
    Boring it wasn't.......what was Rossi up to ? Crutchlow was looking good as was big hair and Spies was all over the dwarf [loved the head shake on being passed ;D ] until .........so much entertainment 8-)
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Just finished watching. Brilliant. Just when you thought it was going to finish, someone else throws their podium position away!

9. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Hmmm, certainly eventful, and a shame that Rossi got a bit carried away so early in the race, almost a novice-like mistake. Shame too for Simoncelli, though somewhat true to form. Lorenzo couldn't believe his luck, everyone in front of him crashing (and most of those behind him as well :) but fair dos to him, he wound it up again when Pedrosa started getting close...

Ms Fussypants has been strangely quiet on here since her hero skittled out the pre-race favourite and blew his chances of an improbable win...

Good day for most of the British riders there, impressive finishes in both 125s and Moto2, just a shame that Scott Redding went backwards from the start, and Crutchlow lobbed it near the end, but at least he got back on and finished... Tough luck on Stoner, he was justifiably aggrieved...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Diamond Member
    Certainly an eventful race. Simoncelli, Rossi, Stoner, Spies, Edwards plus the usual suspects De puniet, Abrahams all going down in 1 way or another.

Stoners comment to Rossi. "Your ambition out weighed your talent"

"We made a good start to the race and the bike felt good for the first few laps, then the tyres seemed to move a little so we tried to conserve them in case it rained again. I really wanted the chance to fight the Spanish riders here in a dry race, so it was disappointing for me that that it was wet.

"However, we were competitive here in the wet and dry and this is very important for us, at a track that hasn't been that great for me in the past. After so much hard work I hate to have a race like this because the team did a great job all weekend and now we go home empty handed.

"With the accident, I heard Valentino arriving and I wasn't worried about anyone passing me at that point in the race so I gave him plenty of room. It was a racing incident and there's not much we can do, what is more frustrating is the reaction of the stewards and their assistance for Valentino and not for me, it was unbelievable. I want to just get to the next race now in Estoril, where I'm sure we can be competitive again."