Notices

Thread: Jerez motogp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Ms Fussypants has been strangely quiet on here since her hero skittled out the pre-race favourite and blew his chances of an improbable win...
    Only just finished watching it!

2. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Hope it's better than 2 weeks ago. That was booooooooooring.

It was anything but boring. What a race! Lorenzo must have thought xmas came early...

3. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Certainly an eventful race. Simoncelli, Rossi, Stoner, Spies, Edwards plus the usual suspects De puniet, Abrahams all going down in 1 way or another.

Stoners comment to Rossi. "Your ambition out weighed your talent"

"We made a good start to the race and the bike felt good for the first few laps, then the tyres seemed to move a little so we tried to conserve them in case it rained again. I really wanted the chance to fight the Spanish riders here in a dry race, so it was disappointing for me that that it was wet.

"However, we were competitive here in the wet and dry and this is very important for us, at a track that hasn't been that great for me in the past. After so much hard work I hate to have a race like this because the team did a great job all weekend and now we go home empty handed.

"With the accident, I heard Valentino arriving and I wasn't worried about anyone passing me at that point in the race so I gave him plenty of room. It was a racing incident and there's not much we can do, what is more frustrating is the reaction of the stewards and their assistance for Valentino and not for me, it was unbelievable. I want to just get to the next race now in Estoril, where I'm sure we can be competitive again."

I thought he handled it really well, I expected fisty cuffs.

But my favourite was Hayden, saying how hard it was, but he did it. : He only got podium cos everyone in front of him crashed And he was mighty lucky that Collin's bike just died, otherwise no podium for him.

4. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=Scotty link=1301662999/8#8 date=1301868730]
    Ms Fussypants has been strangely quiet on here since her hero skittled out the pre-race favourite and blew his chances of an improbable win...
    Only just finished watching it!

[/quote]
    And what can you offer in the Doctor's defence then ma'am? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Jerez motogp 
    still got 22 laps to go. good racing so far... side show is great to watch [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Diamond Member
    It was a shame that Rossi took out Stoner and I’m not sure why he didn’t play a waiting game with 20 plus laps in the race still remaining. Perhaps he was keen to make his mark in the new team and over exuberance kicked-in. That said, what other current rider (or for that matter ever) could have moved up from 12th on the grid to 3rd place, on a new bike and on a wet track in such a short time? I personally think that Rossi’s grit and riding skills in the first half of the GP illustrated why he is probably the greatest riding talent of all time. Crutchlow certainly didn't look out of his depth.

7. Re: Jerez motogp 
    What a great race - far from boring!! ;D

I'm a Stoner man on the mighty H this season, but didn't see anything malicious in Rossi's move. The guy was carving past people so easily and he just took on too much with that last one. Racing incident. It's what makes it unpredictable and fun to watch.

The stewards were a disgrace though. Six ran straight over to Rossi, none to Stoner. Two reluctantly went over to Stoner, decided he could jump start the bike on his own so went back to Rossi!

Fair play to Stoner afterwards (albeit in front of the camera's). Great Aussie comment. Fortunately I have neither ambition nor talent! :-?

I am loving watching SSB this season.

Roll on Estoril!

8. Re: Jerez motogp 
    Just watched the race.
    Brill race!

Such a shame Simoncelli went down.