Notices

Thread: Help! New mod gone wrong!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    clulas......clue

2. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Hahahaha....

All im gonna say is i don't know who your Suzuki Tuning friend is... but after reading that i fear for my suzuki's life, should it fall into his hands!!

please tell me he dosn't work in a local bike shop! lol!

The only thing about that story that didn't make me cringe was jaydee approving it!!

But then i thought about the other things i've heard Jaydee suggest and im assuming he's forgot to take his medication!

lol

Thomas

3. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Diamond Member
    The problem with all that sand, is it'll loop up through the grub nuts, and attack the St Elmos Trenchpipe.

4. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Diamond Member
    honest! extrude honing is smart :-)

5. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 

Nothing wrong with the theory but the method leaves a bit to be desired.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abrasive flow machining (AFM), also known as extrude honing,[1] is a method of smoothing and polishing internal surfaces and producing controlled radii. A one-way or two-way flow of an abrasive media is extruded through a workpiece, smoothing and finishing rough surfaces. One-way systems flow the media through the workpiece, then it exits from the part. In two-way flow, two vertically opposed cylinders flow the abrasive media back and forth.[2] The process was first patented by the Extrude Hone Corporation in 1970.[3]

The process is particularly useful for difficult to reach internal passages, bends, cavities, and edges. Particular advantages are the directional finishes produced, which optimize the flow coefficient of certain workpieces, and the perfectly-formed, tangentially-blended radii formed on edges, which improves high- and low-cycle fatigue strength of certain workpieces.

6. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Diamond Member
    I see my Bill Bailey humour was wasted! lol ;D ;D

7. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Clulas
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer_Tom
    Hahahaha....

All im gonna say is i don't know who your Suzuki Tuning friend is... but after reading that i fear for my suzuki's life, should it fall into his hands!!

please tell me he dosn't work in a local bike shop! lol!

The only thing about that story that didn't make me cringe was jaydee approving it!!

But then i thought about the other things i've heard Jaydee suggest and im assuming he's forgot to take his medication!

lol

Thomas
    I may not be proper clever like some peoples are but I know not to turn up for a wet rideout in March wearing all my spangly white leathers & booties like Im sum frickin washing powder advert!

I still not got the bike going, tried drying out the carburetoretors with a blow-torch but no joy? have left the bike in the sun for a bit so that might work we'll see.

I tried polishing my frame like you see in the magazines coz that must be good for sum more break whorespower but Pledge didnt work so I called my mate and picked his brane and he said use some wet and dry so I got some water but all it did was make the dustcloth all soggy and no good and the polish ran off so I called him again and he said no you idiot child (was was harsh) you need some sandypaper and I said no you is a buffoon coz that will scratch my bike so i had another look in the kitchen and found some tinfoil so now I have a shiny frame & wheels & tyres & mirrors and indicators and stuff which is good! See look sometimes I does dead good stuff!

8. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    jaa? or maybe Scotty?

9. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Quote Originally Posted by moohatchi
    jaa? or maybe Scotty?
    Sorry Moo, leave me out of this one.... : : :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

10. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Quote Originally Posted by moohatchi
    jaa? or maybe Scotty?

Nope. Neither.

Might just ban this said person for having 2 accounts on here. Something to do innit
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.