Notices

Thread: Help! New mod gone wrong!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Clulas
    Hey guys, I've got a 91 NC30 and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to decoke and port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Suzuki's and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the bike. We had to hold the throttle on almost full so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
    I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK. After running the bike and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 12kg bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the bike back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. I took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
    Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My mate only does Suzuki's so he doesn't know much about Honda's.

Do I need to take the exhaust off to get the sand out?

2. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    April Fools day per chance?
    Similar story here!? Seen it before...

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-engine-58268/

3. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Is this another April Fool or just a plain one?

4. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Platinum Member
    Sounds like your jets may be blocked in your carbs? If you slacken the float bowl screws off you can hoover the contaminated petrol out without having to remove them?

5. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    You should have got it in before 12 for April Fools ;D

If it's not an april fool, then I have very very bad news for you....... :
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

6. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Platinum Member
    You may have had some contaminated sand? Wash the engine out by running a hose into your carburettor, crank the motor over on the starter and that should flush it through. All the oil inside the engine should stop it going rusty.

7. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Diamond Member
    Actually, the general idea is correct, Extrude Honing is a good way of upping flow levels.....and thats not an april fool :-)

8. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Clulas
    I flushed the engine bit out but it still didnt start so I called my mate and he said it must be flooded so I turned the bike upside down to get the water out which worked but some bike juice came out as well & I didnt know what it was so I licked it & it was petrol but thats ok as petrol was given to us by the dinosaurs which was kind of them & it must be proper old petrol if they were using it in their cars?
    I noticed my back tyre was low on tread while the bike was upside down so I got a file and gave it some more which is safe coz lorries do it!

9. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    Diamond Member
    Muppet forum I think.... Mods? ;D ;D

10. Re: Help! New mod gone wrong! 
    I think its time for Clulas to reveal their true identity!!