Notices

Thread: Bladetriple down

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    , yellow handbags ftw!

Standard currency in the LAD for a BFG pass or any other jobs you wanted doing, or messing up , or slabbed for ending up in the Wire .............. ARGH thanks for bringing back many an alcohol fuelled hazy memory !

2. Re: Bladetriple down 
    ;D I was there from 88 to 92 with my ex (1 & then 3 sqn, 4 Div) we then got sent to Celle.
    Ah, yellow handbags and summer bbqs that lasted from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, those were the days 8-)
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Platinum Member
    Don't know if it's your sort of thing Hizzy, but I'm selling an Aprilia Falco, it's in the for sale section if you want to have a look when your dust has settled.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
    Mitch , what sqn were you ? Been there done that was on Armour from 1993 to 1996 left to 4x after Bosnia... eeek , I'm not going back to HF, my brothers there now ! NEVER again !
    WTF, we must have been there together then! I got there just before Bosnia, having been posted from 3 ADSR who were in Bosnia! The YOFS let me stay behind as i'd just done 5 months out in GV and the missus was ready to drop our first sprog any day. I still ended up going out for 6 weeks to cover leave at the small det out with the Canadians. When the Bosnia tour finished i came back and signed off, i was 211 armour on G3 ops with Chappers and Trib Slaney was my Ssgt...small world!

5. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Platinum Member
    so I guess its me fighting the insurance for what I think it right....
    Maybe, maybe not.
    From what I've seen most insurers offer low but a few do make decent offers.
    You did have your bike during a period of high depreciation (unfortunately).
    Howevever this has been well tried and tested through the FOS (financial Ombudsman) which is a free and independent service available to you.
    So if you are prepared to fight them then there is plenty case history on this subject, so you have a good chance of getting a result.
    Bear in mnd they pay actually selling prices not advertised asking prices if you are looking at BikeTrader or the like.

Any news on how the liability will be settled?

Glad your getting better.

6. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Platinum Member
    Hizzy have a look here http://www.sorrymate.com/ may be worth contacting this mob.

7. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Don't know if it's your sort of thing Hizzy, but I'm selling an Aprilia Falco, it's in the for sale section if you want to have a look when your dust has settled.

I will have a look , not a bad looking bike Nooj, might be the compromise I'm looking for, that would be odd tho from an inline 4 , to a triple , down to a twin in the space of 12 months

Still not got a settlement figure yet so its a matter of waiting now :

8. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Thanks Lisa x I will have a look, priced a similar bike up online from a dealer and its going for £7200 and it wasn't the SE.

His insurance have admitted liablity so my injury lawyer that KJ (Mouse) recommended is on it now recovering for my injuries and damaged kit , he also said they will chase up and major losses. I will have to go down to Kawasaki Bristol to see if I can recover all my bolt on extras, the bungs that were not damaged , the rear paddock stand spindle through the rear wheel and the engine case protector if its still ok , plus I want to see how really poorly she is ... they said the forks, the frame, the headstock, the front wheel and lots of cosmetic damage to the shiny bits . Its on a no win no fee case , next time I'm taking the extra legal cover that I thought, pah I wont need it after 11 years of accident free riding ....

Mitch we were there exactly the same time .... that Bosnia tour was easy

9. Re: Bladetriple down 
    Platinum Member
    Take the tax disc as well.

I scrapped a car two years ago.
    Got £40 for the car and £120 for the tax disc.
    Not as valuable on a bike, but why leave it?