Notices

Thread: !!!Soft tarmac!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Went to see a friend in coventry last night and left the bike outside his house. About an hour after I arrived at his his nextdoor neighbour knocked saying "I think some kids have been playing with your bikes mate". We rushed outside to see my RSV laying on its side in the street. F**KING DEVASTATED. Once I had composed myself enough to be able to pick her up, my friend and I noticed that the sidestand was still down and wedged firmly into the tarmac that had givenway to it allowing the bike to fall.

I know the warm weather is good but please learn from my mistake. make sure, even on the road, that your sidestand goes down on SOLID ground :'(

2. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by si-moffatt
    Went to see a friend in coventry last night and left the bike outside his house. About an hour after I arrived at his his nextdoor neighbour knocked saying "I think some kids have been playing with your bikes mate". We rushed outside to see my RSV laying on its side in the street. F**KING DEVASTATED. Once I had composed myself enough to be able to pick her up, my friend and I noticed that the sidestand was still down and wedged firmly into the tarmac that had givenway to it allowing the bike to fall.

I know the warm weather is good but please learn from my mistake. make sure, even on the road, that your sidestand goes down on SOLID ground :'(

How crap.......that must have been a horrible moment to see it lying there.....poor you....hope it didnt suffer too much damage.
    :-/ :-/ :-/

3. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Platinum Member
    .....or always carry one of those hard plastic side stand discs with you !!

4. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Gutted mate ,is there much damage ?
    You'll have to bring out the hammer

5. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    beamer ive been quite lucky its all cosmetic apart from a broken clutch lever, that I then had to ride back from coventry with >

ade i do use them or a crushed can on grass just never saw it coming on tarmac

6. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Ahhh clutch levers....Ive worked through 2 of those hehe....ok I know my bikes a slightly less expensive model but i got mine from ebay hehe....keep smiling ....it could have been worse (i think)

7. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    to be honest mate the lever issue works for me. I wanted to put some tarty little levers on but the better half wanted a holiday. now I have to spend on a lever I might aswell get the ones I want lol

8. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Sorry to hear that! I think someone else was talking about soft Tarmac the other week but can't remember who :P hope it's not too expensive to fix

9. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    My Dad mentioned that the bike bay in Marlborough High Street had a big sunken bit where it had gotten warm and a bike stand had obviously caused it. Not worrying at all! :-?

10. Re: !!!Soft tarmac!!! 
    Banned
    Si, Aprilia's euro spec sidestands are pretty rubbish, if you have an original one on the bike you may well benefit from getting a modified one or some GSXR or Firestorm ones will fit, sometimes need a few alterations.

On another note I've recently fitted some chinese pazzo copy levers and seem really nice!