Notices

Thread: Your next Bike/Leathers could be dayglo to match

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Your next Bike/Leathers could be dayglo to match 
    Diamond Member
    If the majority of the political establishment had their way all bikes would be banned from the roads. Unfortunately, in electoral terms the biking community carries little clout. I am not prepared to do nothing while my way of life is under attack. If these propsals are under review here we need to act. I feel another demo coming on. Thanks for the info Alan, I shall make contact with MAG.

2. Re: Your next Bike/Leathers could be dayglo to match 
    whilst i personally always wear leathers or motorcycle safety clothing I don't always wear hi viz although I find it keeps the dead flies off the more expensive jacket. I do like to think we can wear what we want. Having said that I wouldn't take a pillion who wasn't wearing suitable gear.

If you choose to ride in shorts and a vest with no gloves then thats your choice but years ago i saw some young lads who had an off when riding scoots in Ibiza, that reinforced to me the importance of wearing good gear. Not pretty and those scars will be theirs for ever. You don't look so tough when your screaming like a girl in A & E (sorry girls its a figure of speech).

Restricting the use of bikes older than seven years sounds like one of those things that have been plucked out of the sky by a eurocrat. Riding with Hi-Viz wont make you more likely to have an accident so who gives a toss. TBF most of us arent style icons, well im not as my kids keep telling me.

If I have to wear frilly knickers on the outside of my leathers I will as long as I can ride a bike when and where I like.

All of that means we should all be in MAG and support the cause to prevent the erosion of our rights.

3. Re: Your next Bike/Leathers could be dayglo to match 
    Personally I thik the whole Hi-viz debate is a destracion for the serious sh1t the Uk as a whole is in.

The goverment should concentrate on getting the country moving again and leave expensive ad frankly ineffictive legisation such a this for a time when we have the time, jobs and money to debate it properly.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"