Notices

Thread: Diesel :-(

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Thanks for the kind words folks. Diesel can be so difficult to spot in the dry, easier in the wet. It was dry, but to be honest, I wasn't paying too much attention to the damp patch, because in my mind I was thinking it couldn't possibly be diesel as there was so much down. I'd sort of dismissed it as a wet patch, water or something.

Still, the bike's nearly fixed now (thanks to the boys at Phoenix), and at minimal cost. Having to fit the original pipe for now, until funds allow to get a fruity can again. To get myself back on the bike, I've had to get some kevlar jeans, because I can't get my swollen knee into leathers. Just hoping I haven't done any lasting damage to my knee (still bloody hurts)... >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Diamond Member
    Gutted for you Mark. I remember losing control of my car once as I approached a roundabout. It was a hot summer's day and it felt like driving on ice. Diesel on the road is lethal. Bag o cold peas on the knee Buddy - get well.

3. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Platinum Member
    The Missus and me spent five or six years marshaling for the KillSpills rallies. The haulage side of Asda were very proactive in preventing any spills from their trucks, as were a few other large companies.

A lot of the problem is that a lot of trucks have only recently started to be fitted with sealing filler caps, but mostly it's drivers still over filling the tanks, right to the top of the filler neck that causes the spills.

As has been said, not only is it very dangerous (and potentially fatal to bikers) to other road users, it's a complete waste of money. But some drivers are just plain stupid. I believe thanks to the campaigning from the KillSpills team it is actually now a criminal offence to soak the roads with diesel. If you see someone doing it... REPORT THEM!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Diesel :-( 
    ive had it the past slipped on diesel in the wet hope you ok mark i know what its like once you hit that patch of diesel there is nothing you can do apart from brace for impact with the road hope you get better soon mark and get bike fixed without to much expence

5. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Got to disagree with you mark diesel is much harder to spot in the wet.

6. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Had to concede, and took a trip to RUH today. Looks like I've got some ligament and nerve damage to my knee. Could be worse. While I was there, I took a trip to see another examiner who'd been taken out by a car driver on sunday evening at Westwood crossroads. Dave Harle now has a punctured lung, suspected broken ankle, and shoulder. Car driver ditched his car in a barn and did a runner. Police caught him though. 20 year old kid, now looking at Dangerous Driving, and Leaving the Scene of an Accident. Twat. >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: Diesel :-( 
    glad you're ok Mark, and bike will be fixed .. yes a good reminder for all..

8. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Platinum Member
    20 year old kid, now looking at Dangerous Driving, and Leaving the Scene of an Accident
    He'll get a 6 month ban at most, or 9 points and a small fine probably >
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

9. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Hope you and your friend both heel quickly

10. Re: Diesel :-( 
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer
    Got to disagree with you mark diesel is much harder to spot in the wet.
    The multi-coloured rainbow affect? In the dry it could be anything, when you see a damp patch. :-?
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk