Notices

Thread: Bugger #2and now #3!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Bugger #2 
    Argh, not the bearing! A frequent cause of angst amongst cub owners. You need to speak to a Pete in Bath Classic who has done a lot of work on his cub over the years and gives his mates a run for their money!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Bugger #2 
    Chatterbox
    Mate that's a bummer..

Do your best for it
    Everything else is shyte

3. Re: Bugger #2 
    ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Stripped the top end down last night.... and found this:

The cause appears to be a "slightly" loose scraper ring ring.... oh matron!

If you see, the bottom ring is smaller than the groove it sits in. It should be a good fit! The groove in the piston hasn't got any wider so the wrong ring was fitted.

How it didn't smoke is a mystery as that ring is ment to keep the oil out of the combustion chamber. The bore is luckily unharmed. My timely decision to stop was correct!

However am cursing that I didn't notice this on the last engine strip and that i now have to strip the engine again to remove every last bit of metal....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Bugger #2 
    All new bits have arrived, all cases are cleaned and ready, just a bit of work to do on one half of the crankcase and then re-assemble, inject fluids, test run and finish off. All before 26th... 17days and counting.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Bugger #2 
    bloody triumphs :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: Bugger #2 
    Don't you just luv 'em!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Bugger #2 
    Ok, progress.... Engine is now re-built, in the bike, fluids are in, electrics are connected, just needs timing and tidying before attempting to start it.

All I know need is for it to stop raining!!

11 days and counting.

8. Re: Bugger #2 
    Bugger #3

Decided as yesterday evening was so good, I'd crack on with the bike. Got it together, timed and primed.

And it fired 2nd kick!!!

And thats where the problems started.... the engine is emitting a very loud rattle, took the head off, nothing, took the dizzy out, nothing. So have to take it apart again...... AR5E!! >

10 days and counting....

9. Re: Bugger #2 

BB

10. Re: Bugger #2 
    I'm very envious of your engine building skills, it's something I've never attempted. Hope you get it all sorted out