Notices

Thread: Right before Cornwall :(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Right before Cornwall :( 
    Diamond Member
    Have had to order a new chain & sprockets today. That's the best part of £100 I could have done without, in a month fraught with debit card fraud, and bank errors so far costing me to the tune of £200

I shall be having a few beers on the trip methinks!

Why do these things always happen at the most inopportune of times?

2. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Platinum Member
    Is that why your selling the go cart for some cash

3. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Have had to order a new chain & sprockets today. That's the best part of £100 I could have done without, in a month fraught with debit card fraud, and bank errors so far costing me to the tune of £200

Why do these things always happen at the most inopportune of times?

Hope you dint get it from M&P or you could be in for a long wait 8-)
    If it has a red line use it ....

4. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Seeing as you've just regaled us once again : with woeful tales of your abject poverty, can you afford a few beers in Cornwall? Will the IMF foreclose on your credit, or more to the point, will you get it in the neck for blowing more precious wedding funds? :-? :-? :-?

Maybe your forum name should be changed to Greek Fly as you seem to be about as adept at managing money as their government... Before you puff out your feathers with a predictably indignant response about your domestic situation just remember that if you don't like someone taking the piss, don't give them the ammunition by bleating ad nauseam about what rotten luck you're having, it's ****ing boring to be honest...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Platinum Member
    Handbags at dawn ;D

6. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Sorry to hear you've been having problems, happens to us all - banks and MPs are in the same funny hand-shake club - out to rip us off! (except perhaps that MP at Glasto!) Chin up, enjoy Cornwall and if beer come in pints in a pub or like us, out of a bottle from Aldi, who cares?!! Enjoy!! ;D

7. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    have a good trip have some pints and enjoy yourself and dont listen to people who have a go about problems your haveing

8. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Platinum Member
    As long as you have a bike, there'll always be someone to buy you a beer and lend you a floor to kip on.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

9. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    As long as you have a bike, there'll always be someone to buy you a beer and lend you a floor to kip on.

Exactly......or a sofa lol !!

Many of us are facing the same type of financial difficulties but for different reasons etc ...... it's just a case of prioritising hehe

And to be honest, Cornwall has to come pretty near to the top of the list hehehe, as does the bike lol

woo hoo....COUNTDOWN TO CORNWALL IS NEAR COMPLETION....GET YOUR MANKINI'S AND BIKINI'S PACKED PEOPLE....IT'S ALMOST TIME HEHE !!

10. Re: Right before Cornwall :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1309209654/0#0 date=1309209654]
    Seeing as you've just regaled us once again : with woeful tales of your abject poverty, can you afford a few beers in Cornwall? Will the IMF foreclose on your credit, or more to the point, will you get it in the neck for blowing more precious wedding funds? :-? :-? :-?

Maybe your forum name should be changed to Greek Fly as you seem to be about as adept at managing money as their government... Before you puff out your feathers with a predictably indignant response about your domestic situation just remember that if you don't like someone taking the piss, don't give them the ammunition by bleating ad nauseam about what rotten luck you're having, it's ****ing boring to be honest...[/quote]

That will be the same sort of boring as you having a holier than thou pop at someone nearly every time they post something on here?

I'm fed up with people on here who seem to spend their lives picking up on what others post, from comments about their financial status to their spelling mistakes!

Grow up people - we are all adults aren't we? Obviously we are all different characters and have different ideas & priorities etc. but there is no need for this petty playground stuff! >

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”