Notices

Thread: Steamy helmet window

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    I keep a can of Bob Heath anti-fog visor cleaner on the bike.
    It works fine for me, great when it rains and visor is shut, also keeps visor and specs nice and clean

2. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    As already mentioned, Pinlock is the only true way to solve the problem. My visor didn't have pinlock functionality, so Infinity Motorcycles in Southampton drilled two small holes in the visor and fitted the pins. That was about 5 years ago and i've never had a moment's trouble with it.

D

3. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade
    also keeps visor and specs nice and clean
    Just be careful (or just don't at all) if you use it on specs that have any coatings! I ruined a pair that had an anti-reflect, anti-scratch coating as the anti-fog spray damaged it.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

4. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Quote Originally Posted by hartley1
    i can be involved there anyway ..
    that's good to know :-?
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieD
    Have you tried spitting on the inside of the visor and then rubbing it over the surface, bit like divers do with their masks? No idea if it'll work but you could try!
    By the way, I don't gob on my visor ;D I have pinlock and it works a treat as you would see if you ever look at me when I'm on my bike, the edges are almost always misted up because I breath so heavily :
    I was told by a diving school once to smear white toothpaste (had to be full white not the stripy stuff) over the mask glass (or visor in this instance), let it dry and then rinse it off without rubbing it off. Tried it on a diving mask but wasn't under water long enough for it to steam up anyway. Haven't tried it on a visor because i have a pinlock system. Please don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work or damages your helmet!

6. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Platinum Member
    UPDATE: I don't need Pinlock, Foggy or anything similar now

I don't know what they've done to their visors, but the clear ones on Reevu lids DO NOT mist up! Was surprised when the Missus said it about hers after she rode through a hail storm in London a few weeks ago, but I tried my clear one for the fist time last night coming home from a meet and it wouldn't mist up at all. I sat breathing onto it as hard as I could before setting off, to the point where I started to feel a bit wobbly, and I couldn't get it to mist up one bit.

This is the first product I've taken on in my shop that I've not already had years of experience with and the more I use it the more I like it, definitely picked a winner! 8-)
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

7. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    I use a pinlock visor never steams up no matter how cold it is