Notices

Thread: Steamy helmet window

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Steamy helmet window 
    someone must have a few good tips for this, on the cold mornings my visor streams up right away is there a way to stop it cos' my face is starting to freeze off with the helmet window open.
    Cheers
    Mike ;D

2. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Visor "Streams up"!
    Bad case of condensation there!! ;D

3. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Pinlock visor best but "foggy" insert (£12.00) can help. Never had much luck with the sprays etc

4. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Have you tried spitting on the inside of the visor and then rubbing it over the surface, bit like divers do with their masks? No idea if it'll work but you could try!
    By the way, I don't gob on my visor ;D I have pinlock and it works a treat as you would see if you ever look at me when I'm on my bike, the edges are almost always misted up because I breath so heavily :
    It's Lilac... not pink!

5. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Platinum Member
    Fairy liquid, drop on the inside, and polish it up, don't rinse. Pinlock is the way ahead though.

6. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Platinum Member
    Foggy mask, best and cheapest add-on to your lid for winter use. I used to use Pin locks but after a while they'd always start to let a bit of fogging occur. They also reduce the size of the window you look through as well, as the edges of the visor they don't cover mist over.

A Foggy mask will also help keep your face warm, though may not be the best choice if you suffer from severe halitosis
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

7. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Platinum Member
    There's a new pinlock visor now, it covers most of the visible area, pricey though. You can also refresh your pinlock by washing in warm soapy water, and letting dry naturally, also adjust the pins as neccesary, to get the seal flush.

8. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Cheers will go shopping at weekend I think.

9. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Diamond Member
    I have tried most things to prevent visor misting. Always seem to come back to a Pinlock visor and using FogTech on glasses.

10. Re: Steamy helmet window 
    Foggy's are good, they deflect your breath downwards but I found that if you have some sort of neck protection (snoods or whatever they are called) then they don't always work very well.

Visor inserts are the best way to go, pinlocks are great if your visor has it, but check it often and tighten if needed otherwise can become loose and chatter about marking you visor and also steaming up again but it takes longer to unsteam.

They now do a pinlock with a silicone edge for a better seal, I need a new one (one a new visor because I let mine get loose). Definitely recommend them.

Fog city inserts (and similar) are good, you stick them on the inside of your visor you can get them clear, dark, they do a hyperoptiks (I think that's how you spell it) that's basically the same as reactalight, they go dark when the sun hits them and go clear when the sun goes in