Notices

Thread: Are R1 Yams any good ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    I have a 2010 R1.Bouhgt new in november.Rides like my old sp2 low down the revs and my previous bike(06zx10) as you progress through the rev range.I chose the R1 as its the only new thou that isnt shrinking.The new blade felt smaller than my first bike,a 636.The zx10 has shrunk also.Being 6"2 its a perfect match for me.I also looked at the rc8,very nice bike indeed.

2. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    I'll be selling a 05 plate R1 soon if the deal with your mate falls through.
    Hi, I was looking for something a little newer but let me know when you are ready to sell, if I do not get fixed up I could take a look.
    Thanks

3. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    2007/08 R1 is a fantastic bike for the road or track and is probably still the best looking Jap sportsbike out there.

4. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    I have a 2007 R1 (red/white) and love it! I am 6 ft 2 and have no problems with my legs, it can ache your wrists a bit but just need to grip more with your legs and relax when you can.
    I have just gone down to a 16T front sprocket and put race baffles in the stock pipe and the thing is an animal now.
    I live in Melksham as well so give me a shout if you decide to go down the right route and we'll go out for a blast!

5. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    Sorted, found a 2006 R1 with just 3k miles full Yamaha history and it is the colour I wanted Raven Black.
    Will post some pics soon. 8-)

6. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    Good to hear. Enjoy! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by t1pper
    Sorted, found a 2006 R1 with just 3k miles full Yamaha history and it is the colour I wanted Raven Black.
    [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] Best colour!! well done, look forward to seeing it. Raven for the win!!! [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    R6 owner (in Raven...or Crow as Scotty likes to call it ;D)

8. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=t1pper link=1307814017/14#14 date=1309554424]Sorted, found a 2006 R1 with just 3k miles full Yamaha history and it is the colour I wanted Raven Black.
    [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] Best colour!! well done, look forward to seeing it. Raven for the win!!! [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    R6 owner (in Raven...or Crow as Scotty likes to call it ;D)[/quote]

Nice bike tipper,
    another Raven black ,
    collective noun for Raven's is unkindness ;D
    sorry about about that roxy ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    had u considered the zx10r?

10. Re: Are R1 Yams any good ?? 
    I sat on one at George Whites open day earlier this year, it felt very alien and the bars seemed to be to close to me.
    I felt it was least suitable riding possition out of the bikes I sat on (R1, GSXR1000 and Blade)