Notices

Thread: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales 
    Platinum Member
    Yep and still glad I'm out of it :-)

2. Re: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales 
    Thanks for all your input on this. I will certainly not be letting the issue go. The direct.gov link was particularly useful. After reading that it is without question that the switch set was supplied not fit for purpose, and that's what I'll be pushing.

I have spoken with the folks at Yamaha and they were very helpful, and have told me I am well within my rights to ask GW's, at the very least, to inspect it to assess the problem/damage. They also stated that the issue I am experiencing should not be happening, which doesn't leave GW's much room for manouver.

Please though peeps, thnk twice before handing your cash to GW's. They are fine up until the point you part with your cash, after that they are shocking. I will not be spending another penny there!

3. Re: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Numpty_Dumpty
    They are fine up until the point you part with your cash, after that they are shocking. I will not be spending another penny there!

Exactly true

4. Re: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales 
    Platinum Member
    .. I must be the odd one out. Have had no issues from the Honda side of GWs since I've had my Honda from new.
    Their main Honda technician only too pleased to help / give advice.

Rear brake light switch on the Gilles rear set, fitted before I colected the bike new, needs replacing after 14 months.
    Honda warranty is 24 months but this is not standard part so has 12 mth warranty....
    ...however, the Honda guy said even though they will have to buy the whole Gilles rear set (apparently can't just buy switch element), they will just swap over the switches.

5. Re: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales 
    Platinum Member
    If the parts are electronic and are letting in water - the units are "not fit for purpose" as they are constantly exposed to the elements ( I would fight this all the way )

6. Re: G...G...George White's workshop/after sales 
    hmmmmmm go straight to the man at the top, take no excuses and ask him if he had that service would he be happy with it. Write a letter and CC it to MCN, WHICH etc. etc. Oh yeah and send GW's phone numbers to the Murdoch's asking if they would check things out for you!