Notices

Thread: Calne Show 2011 - The Results!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    First of all thanks to everyone who came and supported the club at Calne yesterday. It's always great to see a real buzz around our stand!

We raised £64 yesterday which goes towards the running of the club - well under half that we've managed in previous years but having spoken to most of the traders takings we're down across the board, and times are tough so thanks to everyone who made a donation or played the games

And now for the winners!

The win the sweets competition was one by a passer-by who, despite saying he was on his way, didn't ever collect them! The next closest was our very own Bonnielass, so Rosie - I will get the sweets to you ASAP
    The number of sweets was 183!

The "what is it" competition was won by 470four who correctly guessed every single item! Obviously a complete bike-bit nerd mate, well done! Will PM you about your prize, which is a WB tshirt

Thanks to Colin for creating and marking the quiz!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

2. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Platinum Member
    Was a good day out, even being sat in my gazebo all day. Non stop sound of bikes going past, talking to people about bikes and bike stuff. Still made a loss (always do at these things, pitch fees are extortionate), but it was better than staying at home.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

3. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Hope you are going to publish the pics & identity of the bike parts as several were beyond us! :-[

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    First of all thanks to everyone who came and supported the club at Calne yesterday. It's always great to see a real buzz around our stand!

We raised £64 yesterday which goes towards the running of the club - well under half that we've managed in previous years but having spoken to most of the traders takings we're down across the board, and times are tough so thanks to everyone who made a donation or played the games

And now for the winners!

The win the sweets competition was one by a passer-by who, despite saying he was on his way, didn't ever collect them! The next closest was our very own Bonnielass, so Rosie - I will get the sweets to you ASAP
    The number of sweets was 183!

The "what is it" competition was won by 470four who correctly guessed every single item! Obviously a complete bike-bit nerd mate, well done! Will PM you about your prize, which is a WB tshirt

Thanks to Colin for creating and marking the quiz!
    Yay! Bike bits is as bike bits does...

5. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    A great day, even if I didn't win the sweeties...thank you to all at WB for your part in making the day

6. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Oh! Fancy winning all those sweets! Just what I need!! ;D
    It's all about the ride!

7. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    I reckon Hazel ate 9 of the sweets since I made my guess

8. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie
    Oh! Fancy winning all those sweets! Just what I need!! ;D
    I'm sure you could find some volunteers to help you dispose of them ;D
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Hope you are going to publish the pics & identity of the bike parts as several were beyond us! :-[
    BB

Will do my best BB.

i have no proper broadband at the mo so will talk to our wonderful, technological boss and see if he can help out (might take a day or 2 lol) and the wonderful Colin of course, (who supplied the pics and marked the forms)

10. Re: Calne Show 2011 - The Results! 
    Platinum Member
    Colin / Beamer (Pants-on-head):

Competition two - post pics of the parts / tools labeled A,B,C,D etc, also the answers in random order labeled 1,2,3,4,5 etc

Object is to match the tools/parts to the answers?

First correct answer wins a litre of tartan paint / a left-hand threaded screwdriver.