Notices

Thread: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Bugger... 
    Diamond Member
    Bummer! Hope it's all sorted soon

2. Re: Bugger... 
    Platinum Member
    Got all the parts through today, they're all very shiny, i like shiny things!
    should be sorted by sunday if all goes to plan, will keep this updated with progress.

3. Re: Bugger... 
    Platinum Member
    Right... i've fitted a new top end/piston etc. but couldn't get into the crank case itself because you need to get the stator off for which you need a puller which i don't have! so i thought i would put it all back together see if what sort of results i get. I've gone to put the engine back in the frame, one of the engine mounts is the swing arm pivot bolt and when i took the engine out the swing arm moved out of line, it was a massive hassle getting the engine in its slot and then the bolt through it. but it is now impossible to get the bolt back into the frame on the other side it just won't line up! i couldn't get it in so pulled the bolt back out and the engine moved a bit and i could then line the swing arm back up! but now the bolt will go through one side of the swing arm and the engine but not back into the other side of the swing arm... my thought is that the engine isn't aligned with the frame but can't seem to get it to move at all! any ideas?
    I don't really want to completely drop the engine back out and start over bc it was such a hassle getting it in.
    as soon as i can get it remounted i can put the rest back together in about an hour but i've been trying at for hours on end and havn't gotten anywhere and am almost lost all patients with it. any help would be appreciated, Thanks
    Geo

4. Re: Bugger... 
    Nice one!! Well done with the engine. You'll just have to percivere with the bolt.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Bugger... 
    Platinum Member
    Just a thought is it possible you could have bent the bolt? But well done with the rest of it

6. Re: Bugger... 
    Platinum Member
    Well i suddenly realized i've had a week long brain fart, i just hadn't taken the bolt out that connects the rear spring to the swing-arm and that was restricting the movement and stopping it going back in line! /facepalm
    will have it sorted tomorrow or saturday! ;]

7. YIPPEE!!! 
    Platinum Member
    got the engine remounted and the carb cleaned out and put back on, will have it all back together tomorrow mid day sometime and then i just need to check everything is working properly, and i've not missed something stupid and then i should be good to go!

8. Re: Bugger... 
    well done, still sunny too and no L plates now

9. Re: Bugger... 
    Platinum Member
    well i got it all back together, filled it up with oil and coolant hit the start and the piston went over, then the LED screen and neutral light cut out and then came back on. checked all the wiring, everything was fine. tried it again, same thing... had a look online and it seems the CDI has failed for some reason, ordered a new one and will stick that in and see if it works if not back to the drawing board!
    Geo

10. Re: Bugger... 
    Lot a hassel but will be worth it in the end nearly there