Notices

Thread: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
  1. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Well I can't actualy find anywhere that sells downsized rear sprockets and the front sprockets are cheap as chips so I will probably just buy a 3 or 4 sizes that way I can pick and choose

2. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Just set the carb up and I now realise how badly its been running ever since I got it! It always felt like it did so I never thought twice about it, now I've got it set up I'm genuinly amazed! Now just to sort out the gearing and replace the subframe that's a bit... wonky after the highside.

3. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    8-) 8-)

Nice one!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Geo, if you're looking for sprockets, try Talon Engineering - they do all sorts of different sizes for all sorts of different bikes 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Cheers scotty will check em out

6. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    *weeps* on the way to Poole the other day my bike developed an ominous rattle! i had my suspicions about what it was but have only just confirmed them, the power valve blade has broken... again. It isn't uncommon for them to break as they're made out of soft cheese' but two breaking in a month is just silly! The bike is running and is usable the broken valve is basically acting as a loose blanking plate, its just a little rattly. anybody have any ideas about what could be causing them to snap?! will put a pic of one at the bottom for those who aren't familiar with them, its the shaft that is snapping not the blade itself it has a cable that slots into the end of the shaft and connects it up to a solenoid that pulls in back to uncover the exhaust port,

7. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Sounds like cheap sh*t metal to me. are you using OEM Aprillia???
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Sounds like cheap sh*t metal to me. are you using OEM Aprillia???
    yup genuine parts, as i said it isnt uncommon for them to break but its normaly when you try to get he blade out to clean it, it gets a buildup of carbon on it over time and it can get stuck in, cant figure out what could be breaking it while the bike is running though!
    gunna have an ask on the 125ccsportbike forum see if they have any ideas...

9. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Diamond Member
    how loose a fit is it in the guides? if its rattling slightly then it may be fatiguing to the point of failure, although this is a VERY short time for it to fail in! better be telling the importer that he has a problem!
    is the blade aluminium or stainless? can one be machined out of a better grade?
    does the original have a radius where it is machined (at the point of failure)? maybe they are machining them with a "fatigue hot spot" square lip....

where is it failing???..... want to bring it over and see what we can do?????.....

10. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    would probably be easier for you to have a look yourself mate its got me baffled! only a 10 min job to get it off. give us a call!