Notices

Thread: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Good stuff jon, didn't think it was anything bad but I though id check just incase.
    Just passed 700 km (466 miles) so 50km to go til I can take it up to 9k rpm which will be a relief 6k gets me to about 45mph 9k will get me to about 70 so I can actualy start riding again should be done in a couple of days

2. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Well the bike was running well and all seemed goodi finished breaking the engine in so, I decided to max it and see how much difference derestricting it made... and it maxed out at 80 just like when it was still restricted... hmm... maybe the power valve isn't adjusted properly... has a nose arround and the solenoid pushes right back with no resistance... HMMMMMM.... to I take the vlave casing off and the stem of the valve has broken... sheared clean! I called up the company I bought it from and they said they couldn't do anything because there's no proof it was faulty, so I've ordered a new one from a company I use regularly and will fit it when it comes THEN it should be all good, I'm assuming some of the noise that didn't seem right was caused by the broken valve! Nothing major bu still annoying!

3. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    New valve arived today just fitted it and am going to take it out see if it works

4. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Wohoo!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Running really smooth now! A lot of the excess engine noise is gone and it doesn't have such a fit between 5-6k rmp sall good

6. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Diamond Member
    id suggest that the flatspot around the half to three quarter throttle mark is mixture (needle/clip position setting) too rich if its spluttering, if its hunting/surgeing its too lean.....
    6 thou at 45mph....have you ever checked the gearing, it sounds a little low, even for a 125...

7. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Yea it has a downsized front sprocket at the minute, not quite sure why though once I get my insurance renewed I will be changing the chain and sprockets so will get it sorted then. Probably goin to get an oversized front and undersized rear, might make it bit slow off the line but to be fair id rather have a bit more top end! I will probably have a play with the carb at some point see if I can't sort out the flat spot, I've already replaced the main jet, I think a previous owner has had mods on the bike rejetted but not jetted back when they took them off. The standard main jet size is 120 and it was running a 130, I've fitted a new airfilter and am now running a 126.

8. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    More acceleration is more fun than more top speed... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

9. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    More acceleration is more fun than more top speed... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Tis true enough but at the minute Its at the red line so fast its just silly, I don't wanna rag the engine too bad or I will just be rebuilding it every 5 mins id rather have a bit more top end, its red lining at aout 85 which would be fine if there weren't straight bits of road all over the place :P not that I speed ofc!

10. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Quote Originally Posted by NoYou
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1304343891/107#107 date=1311279412]More acceleration is more fun than more top speed... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Tis true enough but at the minute Its at the red line so fast its just silly, I don't wanna rag the engine too bad or I will just be rebuilding it every 5 mins id rather have a bit more top end, its red lining at aout 85 which would be fine if there weren't straight bits of road all over the place :P not that I speed ofc!
    [/quote]

Try standard gearing before lengthening the gears. You might find that's good enough. You don't want to go the other way, where you're slipping the clutch for half a mile just to get going.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk