Well my luck just keeps getting better and better, had nothing to do today so i thought i would go and post my deposit/details for my test to mark personally and save myself a stamp! all went fine, and then on my way home i thought i would have a little blast through the back roads, so off i go and then find myself back on the A303 somehow, as i come down a hill my engine stopped, i pulled in the clutch... as you do... and then every time i let it out the back wheel locked up... by this time i was thinking, "Oh S**T, here we go again..." i coast down the rest of the hill and pull over on the side of the road, which is a dual carriage-way (not ideal...) , then start looking for the problem hoping for the best but expecting the worst, i look at the engine temperature and its shot up to almost 100 and the engine won't even turn over, t has seized solid!
I go off to look for an SoS phone because naturally i've forgotten mine at home not that it would have done me much good... i, stupidly, don't have breakdown cover, i walk for about 5 mins and don't see any signs for a phone at all so i go back to my bike to try and figure out what to do, as i come round the corner who's waiting there but the old plod who proceed to tell me how dangerous it is to stop where i had, as if had deliberately chosen an awkward place to break down... the second cop in the car got out and he was actually reasonable and told his m8 to, and i quote "shush, and go sit in the car" which got me laughing and then he helped me sort out recovery, not having break down cover, it cost me almost £200 and i'm dreading finding out how much repairing the bike will be. If it's too much i may just cut my losses and sell it as spares/repairs but we will see!
So i may not be out for a while :[ and i'm not too sure how i will be getting to do my test :S will have to figure that problem out when i get to it...
A most disgruntled, Geo