Three bikes stolen on Thursday night, July 1st. Anyone in the Bath area should watch out. It is a detached garage, the thieves broke into the roof to disable the alarm then broke open the garage door. A fairly unusual collection of bikes was taken which could be easily identified.
1983 red Yamaha XT550. It has a huge red Acerbis plastic desert tank, red Acerbis rear mudguard, Oakley sticker on one side panel but no writing or stickers on the tank. It is a multiple MCC and long distance trial (including Swindonian) award winner and worth a great deal to me. Frame and engine number 5YR136057.
1988 Yamaha YZ250WR. Very unusual enduro bike, with big plastic tank. Usual YZ stickers etc, but frame powder coated dark blue, seat a light purple with a timecard holder towards the front. When stolen it had a Pirelli MT43 trials tyre on the rear from a recent enduro. Frame number JYA3RBW05KA000977, engine number 3RB-000977.
1982 Fantic 200. Almost entirely standard, and therefore unusual, but in superb condition. Regularly ridden in Bath Classic trials. Original footrests, original black plastic sump guard, WES tail pipe, unusual black mark on right hand side panel from falling onto the trailer tyre. Frame number FM19641OM.
Trowbridge police are handling the case who can be contacted on 0845 4087000, log number 71, Friday July 1st, Pc 994. I can be contacted on 01249 465229, please ask for John.
I will pay a £500 reward for information which leads to recovery of the bikes and the apprehension of the thieves. John

Posted on behalf of a fellow club member. BB